Permanent | Norwich, Norwich | | £55,000 to £60,000
Job Reference: 15196
Company: An expanding and ambitious organisation who have been building homes for over 50 years, with over £120 million of funding awarded to develop new homes.
Role Title: Technical Manager
Salary: Circa £60,000, negotiable dependant on candidate, plus £5,400 car allowance and generous pension, healthcare and dental benefits.
• Work alongside the Divisional Head of Technical to continuously improve the technical processes and procedures.
• Appointment and management of Consultants.
• Management of the required Section Agreements.
• Management of the Pre-Contract Development Programme of all sites through to delivery to Operations.
• High level risk management of the programme to ensure budgets and timescales are met.
• Monitor and control development and infrastructure budgets in conjunction with the Land Manager and Commercial Manager.
• Driving value engineering solutions.
• Attend monthly site progress meetings where applicable.
• Production of monthly Technical reports for each development.
• Develop and maintain strong partnerships working with internal and external customers.
• Provide Technical backup and information to enable the Land Department to make informed bid decisions.
• Promote and act in accordance with group values, systems, policies and procedures.
• Promote and act in accordance with divisional and departmental values, systems, policies and procedures.
• Effectively manage the Technical team by setting objectives, motivating, retaining, training, providing advice, guidance and development as required.
• Strive for continuous improvement of department.
• Understanding the implications of CDM and health and safety regulations
Skills and Expertise:
• Excellent and demonstrable technical knowledge of civil engineering and house building construction.
• A working knowledge of planning and building regulations, CDM, NHBC, Highway Authority, Sewerage Authority and Utility Design requirements is necessary together with associated legislation relevant to the construction industry.
• Management experience of multi-disciplinary teams.
• Able to demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving.
• Able to absorb and comprehend information from several sources and disciplines.
• Good planning, organisational and negotiation skills.
To apply please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07741 631666 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all of our technical vacancies within house building.
Plus car allowance and benefits.