Design & Technical Coordinator - Housing Developer
Permanent | Warwickshire, Warwickshire | May / June | £30,000 to £35,000
Job Reference: 15049
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a talented design and technical professional within the construction industry to join a successful and expanding housing developer based in Warwick.
This independent organisation is passionate about the quality and affordability of the homes they build as well as maintaining their upmost social and environmental responsibility. They are committed to design quality and are continuously improving the vistas on their schemes, in addition to this they apply a tenure blind policy. With ambitious plans to build 100K homes nationally over the next ten years, now is a fantastic time to join this growing organisation and be a part of their longer term goals and objectives.
As a Design and Technical Coordinator, you will deliver relevant aspects of design and technical support. You will assist future and/or current schemes in design from inception through to post completion, including all day to day activities on projects in a timely manner to achieve the business’ strategy.
Typically, you can expect developments to range from 50-500 units comprising of 2,3 and 4 bed homes across a variety of build types. The areas in which they currently have schemes at design stage are Warwickshire, Oxfordshire, Milton Keynes and Home Counties; they intend to focus on the Oxford / Cambridge patch where they will look to maximise development opportunities.
Leadership and management including customer service/values
• Assisting the consultant teams with day to day activities on standard unit types as directed whilst setting an example in delivering excellent customer service in line with the company’s values.
Strategy / achieving objectives;
• Contribute to design activities on standard unit types’ allocated schemes to meet the company’s objectives and key performance indicators.
• Assist with management of standard unit types project delivery in accordance with performance targets e.g. cost, quality and time. Advise on build design and coordinate design work through to project completion.
• Contribute t strategic innovation in the division and in the wider business. Support the tender and procurement of project services within the design function.
Working with others;
• Internal – work collaboratively with all teams that feed into the standard unit type/portfolio project process or are affected by the outputs of it.
• External – assist with developing, maintaining and influencing relationships with key stakeholders and partners, including third-party liaison with consultants and contractors.
• Contribute towards the control of budgets within the design and technical function.
This position would suit a qualified Architect, Architectural Technician with broad experience of the planning, technical and development process including pre-construction phases with a house builder or contractor.
To be considered for this position, you must have excellent design, technical and commercial overview skills, alongside excellent attention to detail and knowledge of project constraints, strong project coordination skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
In return, this opportunity offers a competitive salary up to £35,000 plus pension contribution, healthcare scheme and a discretionary annual bonus as well as excellent career prospects and work life balance.
To apply, please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all design and technical vacancies within the wider Midlands area.
Pension contribution, healthcare scheme and a discretionary annual bonus