Development Manager- New Homes Bedfordshire
Permanent | Bedford, Bedfordshire | | £60000.00 to £70000.00<
Job Reference: 14891
A successful house builder is recruiting for an experienced professional to join their technical team based in Bedfordshire as a Development Manager.
This company develop upwards of 1100 units of both private and affordable housing schemes per annum and is looking to increase this figure over the forth coming years.
The person they appoint will report directly to the Technical Manager, as a Development Manager, you will manage the external design team in the technical co-ordination and design information functions on a number of individual projects, from land purchase to customer occupation, liaising with all members of the project delivery team. Please see Key responsibilities below;
• Managing the members of the project team effectively, providing advice and guidance as required
• Instigate all relevant actions detailed within our Technical Procedures
• Assisting the Technical Manager in Development Programme preparation
• In conjunction with the Technical Manager, brief, manage and drive the external Consultants in the preparations, issue and approval of construction information and sales/ conveyance information
• Attend site progress meetings and carry out site inspections
• Prepare updates on project progress on a fortnightly basis
• Review and produce development costs schedules on a monthly basis and agree action with Technical Manager
• General liaison and co-ordination between other parties, both internal and external
• Responding to site queries and resolving technical and/or construction problems
• Reviewing value engineering and enhancement opportunities, focusing on show home delivery
• Assisting in preparation of pre-construction Health and Safety information
• Produce Health and Safety files/Operation and Maintenance Manual and any Tenant Manuals required
• Previous experience in delivering private and affordable projects, managing a number of developments concurrently.
• Good knowledge of planning, technical, architectural and engineering issues with a keen grasp of Building Regulations and Legislation issues and the Delivery of Code for sustainable home solutions.
• A team player with the ability to manage themselves and drive technical issues and projects to a successful conclusion.
• Good communication, meeting and management skills and experience in dealing with multidiscipline teams.
• The ability to recognise problems and deal with them in an effective and efficient manner.
• CAD drawing experience is advantageous however not essential.
• A full UK driving licence is required for this role.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary up to £70,000 plus an excellent benefits package.
To apply please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07741 631666 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all of our technical vacancies within house building.
plus company car and up to 20% annual bonus.