Permanent | Birmingham, West Midlands | February 2019 | £50000.00 to £55000.00<
Job Reference: 14889
A successful, national house builder is recruiting for a Project Manager to join their thriving team based in the West Midlands.
As a Project Manager, you will provide overall coordination and support to the provision of major infrastructure and services to a large multi-phase development where this house builder is the lead developer. The site is currently progressing through a hybrid application for full details for 450 plots and outline permission for an overall 1500. The role will involve pre-commencement planning and coordination prior to phased works commencing, together with a role in overseeing and coordinating works at site level. The first 12 months of the role will be spent working on existing closed sites to achieve their adoption alongside their Adoptions Manager whilst spending time reviewing all information relating to the major project, in anticipation of site start. This position will report directly to the Technical Director.
General Project Co-ordination
• Preparing and updating the consortium infrastructure programme
• Chairing and preparing action minutes from monthly consortium meetings
• Chairing and preparing action minutes from infrastructure groundworks progress meetings
• Attending and updating project Consultant Team meetings
• Monitoring project costs
• Assist the Technical Director in producing a long-term plan for the delivery of large schemes
• To manage overall development delivery including as appropriate disposal / delivery strategy for any associated non-residential uses.
Design / Pre-start
• Liaising with Consultant and internal teams to ensure design information for infrastructure works is prepared to programme
• Undertake design reviews to ensure designs are best value solutions
• Ensuring relevant technical approvals are in place for infrastructure works
• Ensuring relevant planning conditions are cleared for infrastructure works
• Obtain detailed quotations for design work and place relevant orders with consultant team in line with fee budget
• Management of external planning, architectural, ecology, arboriculture, noise, landscaping, services and engineering consultants to ensure that all design information is received, co-ordinated and distributed on time and within budget.
• Obtaining detailed designs and estimates for infrastructure services and ensure orders are placed as needed
• Liaison with statutory authorities to ensure progress on off-site drainage improvements and requisition is completed to programme
• Negotiate with relevant agencies including Highway Authority and Highways Agency in respect of off-site infrastructure provision
• Liaise with internal H&S advisor and Technical Director to ensure relevant procedures are followed and relevant documentation prepared and obtain necessary Health and safety documentation and approvals for any contractor appointed to infrastructure works in accordance with the HSE CDM Procedures and the company’s HSE Manual.
• Liaison with QS to ensure costs are understood and monitored
• Coordinate the preparation of all Pre-tender information for infrastructure
• Overall responsibility for the submission of planning applications
• Work with the company’s design team to coordinate submission of reserved matters applications
• Ensure overall compliance with the S106 agreement
• Manage, as necessary, any variations to planning conditions or deeds of variations
• Ensure coordination with our internal Project Manager to keep our business programme in line with planning programme for infrastructure
• Maintain lead role for communication with the Local Authority.
• Responsible for all public relations matters (including community consultation) associated with the project.
• Oversee the groundworks, landscape and other contractors working on infrastructure as client representative
• Monitor health and safety performance of infrastructure contractors initiating remedial action where needed
• Ensure all onsite constraints, ecology, archaeology etc. works are completed in line with infrastructure delivery.
• Ensure site presentation of infrastructure is to the highest standard to give the best impression of the overall development
• Ensure compliance by all developers of the Code of Construction Conduct and Consortium agreement
• Initiating relevant inspections to ensure that progress of adoption of works is managed in line with development programme
• Ensuring that appropriate as-built records are kept
• Monitor housing completions by all developers and ensure regular update is kept to inform programme development and S106 compliance
• Monitor contractors’ performance to ensure compliance with agreed safe systems of work and the HSE manual.
• Liaison with QS to control cost and WIP spend
• Work with internal teams to maintain communications with customers as the site progresses.
• As necessary work with the Land team to negotiate viability discussions
• Co-ordinate the site starts process and handover to the Production Team for onward delivery
• Oversee the delivery of infrastructure programme in a co-ordinated approach to facilitate efficient adoption of the site by the Highway Authority or Management Company.
• Work with necessary stakeholders to ensure all sites are adopted within reasonable timescales
• Manage agreement for site within bond limits.
• Ensure close relationship with Customer Service to ensure all customers are informed of progress.
To be considered for this position, you must be able to demonstrate previous experience of managing large scale construction projects from pre-planning to site coordination and managing large infrastructure budgets. You must have a proven track record of leading a team and managing complex projects with responsibility for programming and delivery works. Excellent communication and negotiation skills are essential for this role.
This position would suit a practiced Manager within the house building / construction industry who has strong experience and a thorough knowledge of construction planning, tendering and finance, value engineering, site management, procurement and management of external contractors and consultants and health and safety.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary plus an excellent benefits package.
To apply please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all managerial vacancies within house building.
Company car or car allowance, pension, healthcare etc.