Permanent | Staffordshire, Staffordshire | Negotiable | £30000.00 to £40000.00<
Job Reference: 14862
A successful, national house builder is recruiting for an Adoptions Engineer to join their technical team based in the West Midlands on a permanent basis.
As Adoptions Engineer, you will be responsible for the management and procedure of adoption works for highways, sewers and POS areas. You will ensure tight control of all Bonds and budgets for such works as agreed within the closed site strategy.
• To review existing bond liability and identify where they can be reduced / eradicated.
• To focus on reducing these in a structured way, targeting quick wins and larger Bonds in the first instance, whilst ensuring a programme for the removal of bonds is maintained and updated accordingly thus allowing capacity for upcoming sites.
• Using AutoCAD to produce Adoptions Plans for Highways, Sewers and POS areas.
• Undertake Annual Site Inspections and review Health and Safety Implications.
• Liaisons with internal and external legal teams with regards to agreements, various deeds and land transfers.
• As part of the Technical Department, you will manage the regional bond portfolio and identify the key triggers to facilitate reduction. Ensure the dates for these are clear and that all steps are identified and the necessary inspections and certificates are applied for, with required works undertaken in the most cost efficient and timely way.
• Prior to sites finishing, co-ordinate site closure meetings with relevant departments and to ensure that the relevant actions are instigated to allow the adoption process to commence bonds are reduced at all trigger points as soon as possible. This will include ensuring all works are on maintenance as soon as possible and managing the site during this period (organising repairs, maintenance contracts, liaising with external Contractors and dealing with customer queries).
• Produce CDM Pre-construction Health and Safety Files where necessary. Ensure all Health & Safety Method Statements and Risk Assessments are approved prior to commencing maintenance works.
• To liaise with customer care, NHBC, Local Authorities to advise of site completion and where necessary advise of subsequent actions
• Keep regional adoption schedule up to date and keep the company well within its bond limits.
The person they appoint must have experience in a similar position with housing developers, local authorities, water companies, consultants or a relevant contractor. You must be familiar with estate road and sewer design, construction, adoption processes, public open space procedures and site inspection processes.
To be considered for this position, you must have a strong engineering and technical background or have strong on-site knowledge and experience and be familiar with the adoptions process. It is important you have the ability to work as part of a team and to communicate effectively at all levels with internal staff and local and service authorities etc.
In return, this company is offering a competitive salary plus package (negotiable dependent on experience).
If you are an enthusiastic professional looking for a new opportunity that will allow you to further develop and progress within your career, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all technical and engineering opportunities within house building.
Company car or car allowance, pension contribution, private healthcare