Road & Estates Adoptions Manager
Permanent | Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire | Negotiable | £50000.00 to £60000.00<
Job Reference: 14860
One of the UK’s leading house builders is looking to appoint a Roads & Adoptions Manager for their Western regional office based in Gloucestershire.
This reputable company has a strong financial standing, last year building 2,400 units across all seven regions, this year they have produced 3,000 and hope to increase this by 500 units next year.
As Roads & Estates Adoptions Manager, you will arrange and carry out the maintenance and adoptions of roads, sewers and public open spaces to the satisfaction of the undertaking authorities on current and historic sites.
You will work closely with the Design & Technical Director, Contracts Manager, Site Managers, Sub-Contractors, Commercial Department, Land Directors, Construction Director and Regional Finance Director.
• Liaising with the Land Department in relation to obtaining existing service records.
• Liaising with the Commercial Department, tendering, analysing costs and placing orders.
• Liaising with Site Managers/Contractors.
• Liaising with statutory authorities and planning/highway departments as required, achieving the adoption of areas/apparatus (section 104/38/185 etc.) in the shortest possible time and monitoring the quality of work as required.
• Ensuring all sub-contractor labour complies with the companies Health & Safety policies at all times, managing their performance and quality of work accordingly.
• Liaising with the Commercial Director and Regional Finance Director regarding legal responsibilities and actual handover and adoption of section agreements.
• Liaising with Site Managers and contractors on initial road and sewer work, ensuring all works are on maintenance prior to Site Management leaving a completed site.
• Ensuring the completion of all relevant paperwork from receipt of instruction through to adoption of works.
• Keeping accurate records of all costs incurred and liaising with the Commercial Department as appropriate.
• Attending meetings that may be necessary in the performance of your duties.
• Complying with and uphold company policies and procedures.
• Undertaking any additional tasks as may reasonably be required from time to time.
To be considered for this position you must have a background in the construction industry, in particular road construction. It is important you have the ability to communicate with local authorities, work well under pressure and maintain existing relationships both internal and external. It is required you have excellent negotiation, team working and people management skills.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary up to £60,000 (negotiable dependent on individual experience) plus an excellent benefits package.
To apply please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all vacancies within the constriction and house building industry.
Company car or car allowance, fuel card, pension contribution, private healthcare, discretionary annual bonus