Permanent | Greater London, Greater London | Negotiable | £60000.00 to £75000.00<
Job Reference: 14822
One of the UK’s national house builders is looking to recruit a Technical Manager on a permanent basis for their South East region.
As Technical Manager, you will oversee the production of working drawings and detail information and to ensure that it is complete, coherent, accurate and available on time. The Design solutions are to be as practical as possible and economic.
You will provide technical support during the land buying and sales stages, construction period and post construction and oversee the technical department to ensure it is running as smoothly as possible and to discuss any issues / concerns with the Technical Director.
• To take control of all aspects of the design to ensure that current information is available to whoever needs it within a pre-agreed programme. The information must be clear, accurate and coherent and the designs must be as economic and practical as possible.
• To ensure the consultants are briefed on the required distribution of drawing information and also key dates when information is required to meet our procurement requirements.
• To ensure regular Design Team meetings, at early stage of design development, occur with the relevant consultants.
• To take new site information from the Land Department and check it prior to committing to working drawing stage.
• To assess the planning information for obvious Building Regulation requirements such as means of escape, unprotected areas, underground ventilation and other given criterion at an earlier stage.
• To instruct the design team to produce full working drawings for the new sites and agree a programme of works, once authorised by the Technical Director.
• To look at flat /houses layouts at a very early stage and to optimise in conjunction with the sales department.
• To deal with payment issues which arise with consultants.
Post Planning Permission
• To take over from the Land Manager and instigate the selection of materials for the buildings as indicated on the working drawing and on a plot by plot basis at an early stage.
• To help ensure a rapid clearance of all Planning Conditions including the submission of materials. Special emphasis to be placed on clearance of prior to commencement conditions as a priority. To ensure Planning Condition Tracking Schedule is issued to relevant parties as the scheme progresses.
• To ensure a schedule of all conditions is produced by land department and then make sure it is monitored by technical on submissions and approvals.
Working Drawings and Detailed Design
• To formally appoint all consultants in line with approved Group consultant appointment documents.
• Monitor Professional Indemnity policies and ensure that appropriate cover is maintained for relevant run off period.
• To agree with the consultant a schedule of information required for the groundwork's superstructure and detail packages. This will allow sites to start early with budgets set for groundworkers.
• To agree a programme for final issue of information and within the overall time from dates for receipt of partial formation.
• To ensure that a senior person at the consultants has checked all information sent out even if it is partial information.
• To check incoming information from the consultants and ensure any comments are fed back.
• To ensure that architectural and engineering drawings tie up.
• To ensure that subsequent changes necessary to design after permission has been granted are communicated through to the Planning Department as minor amendments.
• To ensure the drawing package is acceptable in terms of accuracy and drawing style presentation.
• To ensure that a Site Specific construction Specification is issued.
• To produce, with relevant consultants, a strategy for Code for Sustainable Homes where applicable.
• To check and ensure that specialist manufactures details tie up with working drawings. Also, for Design Teams to approve drawings early to keep production on-going.
• To ensure any bin stores/cycle stores/external stores/ sub stations are properly positioned and detailed.
• To apply for NHBC initial notices.
• To ensure NHBC approval is obtained and any conditions are cleared promptly to avoid delays to completions.
• To apply and pay for all NHBC warrantees and Building Control fees.
• To ensure that SAP Certificates are obtained for each plot and passed to Sales.
This position would suit an experienced construction management / architectural or engineering professional with at least 5 years’ experience and who has previously been a Technical Manager or Senior / Technical Coordinator with another PLC or national house builder. The person they appoint must be capable of running numerous projects at one time and ideally have experience of working on both private sale and housing association developments. You will be required to have a strong knowledge of Building Regulations, the Planning System and Code for Sustainable Homes.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary between £60-75,000 (negotiable dependent on individual experience) plus an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all technical vacancies within house building.
Company car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, discretionary annual bonus.