Permanent | Northampton, Northamptonshire | One month | £35000.00 to £45000.00<
Job Reference: 14788
A five star house builder is growing and as a result they are looking to appoint a Civil Engineer on a permanent basis for their new South Midlands region.
This multi-award winning company has been established for a number of years and has developed a strong reputation for building high quality homes across the East Midlands. Currently building circa 450 units per annum.
As a Civil Engineer, you will project manage and technically coordinate multiple sites for the South Midland region from feasibility stage, through the construction process and through to adoption. You will manage roads and sewers, earthworks, external works, foundations, services and adoptions. You will be expected to liaise with all departments within the office as well as highway and water authorities, site agents, contractors, groundworkers and adoption engineers.
• Co-ordinating consultants for road, sewer, external works, private drainage, structural, foundation, pump station and other bespoke designs. Review designs for cost/build issues and mark-up drawings/arrange meetings to feed back to consultants.
• Negotiation with the highway authorities, water authorities, LLFA’s and the environment agency (SUDS), to achieve cost effective design solutions.
• Obtain technical submission drawing/info packs from the consultants for submission to authorities. This includes any relevant payments and application forms etc.
• Designing road and sewers, external works plans, S184’s, Haul Roads when requiring an in-house design submission.
• Designing horizontal S38 road alignments prior to the architects drawing the layout.
• Using AutoTrack to assist in the planning process.
• Carrying out and understanding the cut and fill strategy, programming any testing for import / export of material.
• Arranging the trial pits and evaluating the results for any service diversions.
• Assessment of any diversion/upgrade works required to existing services that affect the development and obtain costs/timescales for diversions in good time to suit programme.
• Obtaining, reviewing and accepting utility quotations with any TBS / sales / site connections.
• Calling off initial mains installation and attending pre-start meetings with utility companies / organising payments.
• Obtaining foundation designs, suspended slab designs, schedules, standard details and relevant information to enable construction. Review all foundation designs for cost/build issues and make comments. Attendance at site to deal with queries regarding founding depths if strata is different than anticipated.
• Review site GI reports to see if any protective/remedial measures are required. Organise geotechnical consultants to carry out testing/site works to clear planning conditions classify spoil material/waste and remediate ground if required to do so.
• Review ecological and arboricultural reports to ensure that protected species and vegetation are dealt with prior to any critical site works starting. Ongoing attendance with specialist consultants as required for certain protected species.
• Inspections/adoptions with authorities including fees, attendance of meetings on site with inspectors and contractors, procurement of as-built survey information/manhole cards, street light test certificates, CCTV surveys. Arrange for any remedial works to be carried out and determine whether these are the responsibility of the contractor or DDL.
• Organising CCTV/Jetting of existing/newly constructed sewers to ensure they are in good working order while in the maintenance period. Attending site or organising a drainage contractor if customer care issues relating to drainage are reported.
• Appointment of a pump station maintenance contractor when required to clear blockages or tanker sewerage away of the station has not yet been commissioned. Arranging tankers for wet wells/pump stations over business shut down periods (e.g. Christmas/bank holidays).
• Liaising with site agents, contractors and groundworkers.
• Production of setting out information with duct layouts.
This position would suit a degree qualified Civil Engineer currently working for a PLC house builder or Consultancy who specialise in the residential sector. It is desired you have experience working on larger residential schemes (over 100 plots). Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, AutoTrack, Site 3D or similar and Microsoft office is essential.
In return this house builder is offering a competitive salary circa £45,000 plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
To apply please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all engineering and technical vacancies within house building.
£5,000 car allowance, pension contribution, private healthcare, discretionary annual bonus.