Contract Technical Coordinator
Contract | Milton Keynes, Milton Keynes | ASAP | : 0.00
Job Reference: 14765
A successful, national house builder is looking to appoint a Technical Coordinator on a contract basis for circa 6 months. This position will be based in their South Midlands region located in Milton Keynes.
As a Technical Coordinator, you will be responsible for the day to day design, planning and building technology technical output within the region in accordance with current working practices and accordingly provide a quality and cost-effective resource to Building Technology and Design & Planning. This position will report directly to the Technical Director.
• Liaise and work directly with Civil Engineers to ensure that all designs are coordinated, cross referenced and adhere to all the Legislative, Legal and Physical constraints, thus ensuring that the most commercially robust, practically buildable and technically accurate designs are produced for tendering and building purposes.
• Appoint, brief, challenge and assist all necessary consultants in their delivery of design, planning and building technology information for tendering and building purposes in a timely and coordinated manor.
• Help prepare and maintain project tracking schedules and regularly update & report to the relevant manager on progress against agreed design delivery programmes that meet the Company’s project procurement requirements leading up to and including pre-tender handover to the Commercial department.
• Submit all necessary material to statutory authorities to discharge planning conditions; NHBC conditions.
• Chair / Present pre-tender meetings and attend & contribute to Site progress meetings.
• Coordinate the communication and distribution of design drawings and specifications to the wider business as a matter of priority using the relevant document management procedures.
• Liaise with / communicate to the rest of the business the roles and responsibilities of those directly responsible for the delivery of other obligations e.g S106 payments and obligations.
• Issue, monitor and record all of the above in line with the Company’s procedure.
• Provide technical back up and advice to all other departments where needed.
To be considered for this position you must hold a HNC / HND in architecture or building studies. A degree in Architecture would be preferable. It is essential you have previous experience in private practice or preferably working with a house builder. The person they appoint will be expected to have commercial awareness, a thorough knowledge of the planning and building process and proficiency in AutoCAD.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive day rate of circa £215.00 (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
To apply please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all architectural and technical positions within house building and private practice.
Fixed 6 month contract. Competitive hourly rate.