Contract | Birmingham, West Midlands | Negotiable | : 0.00
Job Reference: 14751
A successful and well-known House Builder is recruiting for an Architectural Designer to join their design team based in Birmingham, West Midlands on a 12 month contract basis.
Reporting directly to the Design Manager and Technical Director you will be responsible for creating and co-ordinating desirable and efficient residential developments in a timely manner. Negotiating and communicating the progress of planning applications.
• Prepare desirable and efficient layout designs
• Add value through good design
• Engage with local planning authorities and external consultants
• Prepare and submit planning applications, manage them through the approval process and resolve outstanding conditions to the region’s timelines
• Achieve agreed deadlines and timescales
• Manage the discharge of planning conditions
• Co-ordinate and attend key design reviews and other departmental meetings as required
• Involvement with public consultation exercises
• Ensure all relevant stakeholders and internal customers are informed of key developments
To be considered for this position you must have excellent communication skills, be able to work under pressure and with a high degree of accuracy. Be a decision maker with a pragmatic approach to problem solving, be able to influence and persuade others. Have good team working skills and be customer focused.
The successful candidate must be qualified with a HNC or HND in Architectural Construction or Building Studies or working towards a relevant degree. It would be advantageous if you have previously worked for a well-known House Builder / Developer in a similar hands on design position producing site layouts.
You should have a strong understanding of building regulations and planning processes and be proficient in AutoCAD. The ability to use Revit is advantageous.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive hourly rate (negotiable dependent on experience). This contract position has the potential to become permanent at the end of the contract.
To apply please send your updated CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all design and architectural vacancies.
Competitive hourly rate. Potential to become a permanent placement.