Senior Or Civil Engineer
Permanent | Derby, Derbyshire | One month | £40000.00 to £55000.00<
Job Reference: 14743
We are working with a well-known housing contractor who is recruiting for a Civil Engineering professional on a permanent basis due to an increase in workload. This position will be based in their East Midlands region located in Derbyshire.
This company operates nationwide, building circa 350 units per annum across two offices. The person they appoint for Derbyshire will oversee schemes in the Midlands, South Yorkshire and Essex.
As a Senior / Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for the following;
• Carryout Land Appraisals in conjunction with the Commercial and Business Departments in relation to Technical Abnormals.
• Assist in the preparation of planning submission.
• Discharge of Planning, Engineering, Building Control conditions
• Appointment of consultants including Architects, Engineers, Structural Engineers and Utilities Engineers, Surveyors, Geotechnical Engineers
• Instructing Consultants
• Preparation of title plans
• Obtaining Technical Approval for Road and Sewer Designs and Legal Agreements, Liaising with Lawyers, obtaining bonds.
• Procuring house type designs
• Procuring engineering designs including roads, sewers, foundations and external works
• Value engineering designs, commenting, amendment and approvals
• Obtaining Service connections disconnections and diversions as well as new utilities schemes
• Providing technical specifications and designs to Commercial, Construction Departments
• Providing Site Technical support through site visits, troubleshooting site issues.
• Meeting sub-contractors and providing support throughout build process
• Inspection of Roads, Sewers and Public Open Spaces with Local authority inspectors, arranging remedial works and agreeing costings with commercial team
• Arranging for treatment and removal of contaminated soils and materials including asbestos
• Reporting to Group Engineering Manager.
To be considered for this position you must have at least 4 years’ experience working for a residential developer / house builder or consultancy who work within the residential sector.
In return, this affordable contractor is offering a competitive salary plus excellent benefits package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
To apply please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all engineering and technical vacancies based in the East Midlands.
Company car or car allowance, pension contribution, healthcare, discretionary annual bonus