Permanent | Staffordshire, Staffordshire | ASAP | £45000.00 to £55000.00<
Job Reference: 14717
A newly established house builder located in Staffordshire is growing and as a result the Technical Director is looking to appoint an experienced Senior Civil Engineer.
This residential developer is owned by an established groundworks and civil engineering organisation who operate across the West Midlands. As the housing arm of the business grows, they are keen to maintain their local reputation therefore new build developments will cover a 50 mile radius from Staffordshire.
The person they appoint will manage multiple projects at one time and be responsible for the in-house civil engineering design work, instructing, supervising and monitoring engineering consultants.
Preparation of viabilities
• Under the guidance of the Director(s), interpret geo-technical and geo-environmental reports and advise on development constraints.
• Advise on design concept for road and sewer layout.
• Prepare site constraints plan and feed into Technical Appraisal to support bid.
Engineering input into Planning Application and Design Development
• Ensure that the layout develops in full consideration of the engineering constraints.
• Oversee the development of a cost-effective road and sewer design utilising consultants together with detailed local site works design development.
• Instruct and secure relevant reports to assist in securing planning approval including Flood Risk Assessments, Geo-environmental Appraisals, Transportation Assessments, Utility Appraisals.
• Work with specialist consultants to ensure appropriate remediation strategy is developed.
• Coordinate and manage external consultants to resolve any further engineering issues.
• Generate civil engineering design working in conjunction with the design team to produce a final coordinated design.
• Prepare Conveyance plans (Estate layout and deed plans)
Ensure compliance with Building Regulations and NHBC Standards
• Manage consultants in the preparation of site remediation, road and sewer designs and foundation designs.
• Monitor and resolve any CML issues relating to engineering matters and NHBC conditions in good time.
Ensure all information is available for pre-tender/pre-start meeting
• Ensure all engineering drawings for tender process and start on site are available (including foundations and any remediation proposals to meet with development programmed) and review to permit construction with minimal site queries.
• Manage external consultants to secure technical approval for roads (including adoptable and private lighting) and sewers together with any off site works.
• Manage all services quotations, drawings and assist in programming installation/diversion for both existing and proposed utilities.
• Input and preparation of the CDM/Health and Safety/Environmental reports.
• Produce tender documents for specialist construction techniques.
• Thorough and total commitment to the Value Improvement process – the role is a key player in driving forward the development programme.
• Potential need to assume lead role on larger projects for the purpose of infrastructure coordination and delivery as the company grows.
• Attend concept, pre-tender, pre-start and any other relevant meetings as required under the Company’s Operational procedures.
• Undertake regular site visits and attendance at site project meetings.
• Any other duties as required by the Company and Directors.
To be considered for this position, you must have upwards of 5 years’ experience in civil engineering, working for a house builder or Consultancy. You will be expected to hold a civil engineering related qualification (ONC/HNC or equivalent), an established track record of undertaking and/or managing engineering design and the ability to undertake thorough and comprehensive value engineering.
You will be required to work under your own initiative, have excellent communication and negotiation skills, AutoCAD and detailed drawing skills. A knowledge of Microdrainage and PDS is desirable but not essential.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience) as well as scope for career progression and the opportunity to develop your own team as the company grows.
To apply, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all technical and engineering vacancies within house building.
Competitive salary plus package