Senior Technical Manager
Permanent | Birmingham, Birmingham | Negotiable | £0.00 to £0.00<
Job Reference: 14710
One of the UK’s leading developers is looking to recruit an experienced civil engineering professional for the housing arm of their business. The successful candidate will join as Senior Technical Manager and will work from their Midlands region based in Birmingham.
This successful organisation is well-known for their extensive portfolio of properties and developments across a variety of sectors including residential, mixed use, hotels, hospitality and commercial. They have been established for over 10 years and have developed in excess of 4,500 units across the West Midlands and South East.
The person they appoint, will oversee a team of external consultants including engineers, architects and quantity surveyors, working on a wide range of interesting house building projects throughout the greater Birmingham area.
• You will manage the engineering and design side of the business ensuring compliance with their standard house type portfolio, funding requirements and NHBC requirements.
• Work closely with the land team to pull together technically deliverable site plans and planning permissions.
• Manage and report all engineering and design requirements on each site to the Board.
• Value engineer technical solutions to hit financial objectives.
• Set up sites and deliver the engineering aspect of the site, allowing works to start and developing programs within agreed often challenging timescales.
• Grow and manage the Technical department in the Midlands region. Produce constraint plans when acquiring land for use on brownfield sites. Support fellow Director’s to implement the management, control and report all engineering matters.
• Manage both internal and external staff in technical and regulatory approvals, adoptions, bonds and reimbursements and provides key status reports and updates on all KPIs relating to the technical function.
• As this is a senior role, you must have the ability to communicate on a board and stakeholder level, explaining functions in your area of the business.
• Ensuring Health and Safety responsibilities on all development, across all regions.
• Assist in the delivery of effective and relevant legal documentation for each development or phase of the regional developments.
The successful candidate must have previous experience of working as either a Technical Manager or Engineering Manager in a similar house building environment, preferably a regional or national house builder. You will be required to have a broad understanding of the Engineering aspects of the house building industry, possess a broad technical knowledge, commercial awareness and an extensive understanding of NHBC guidelines.
In return, this house builder is offering a very attractive remuneration package which includes an industry beating bonus structure.
For more information or to apply, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all vacancies within house building.
Very attractive remuneration package including industry beating bonus structure.