Permanent | Oxford, Oxfordshire | | £50000.00 to £60000.00<
Job Reference: 14694
Site Manager - Oxfordshire
Taylor Herrick Recruitment are proud to be representing one of Britain’s leading five star house builders on an exclusive basis. As they launch a new Midlands region we will be supporting their growth across all divisions. They have been building homes as a family business for a hundred years and can boast tremendous amounts of awards coupled with an extremely low staff turnover and strong business culture. In addition to their Homes division, they also operate a mixed use and commercial development business and a Strategic land function. People are paramount to this business and therefore they operate a rigid recruitment process to ensure they work with the industries best talent. Their Homes portfolio constitutes a mix of exclusive homes in sought after areas, with the highest attention to detail and the best quality materials.
They are currently looking for an experienced Site Manager to join them on a permanent basis in their Oxfordshire Site. The Site Manager will be involved in private and affordable schemes. The existing team is strong and handpicked ideally all NHBC award winning. They are now seeking an ambitious individual to join their team with new sites up and coming in this positive time.
This opportunity offers scope for career progression and excellent development opportunities. In exchange for your commitment and loyalty, you will be offered a competitive salary (negotiable dependent on experience) plus package including a car or cash allowance, bonus scheme, medical cover, etc.
The role of Site Manager is an opportunity brought about as a result of their ambition to grow their business in England.
They are a family-owned Company who have been operating for over 90 years. The core business is creating high quality homes, from contemporary apartments to traditional family houses, and leaving a lasting legacy for future generations. They currently have developments underway across Central Scotland and 4 England sites located in Oxfordshire; Milton-Under-Wychwood, East Challow, East Hagbourne and Marcham – with the aim to deliver 221 units over the next 3 years.
During this time it is their aim to establish their brand embedding their own distinctive ethos and values. Over this period they are aiming for this unit to become a sustainable business in its own right and anticipate revenue of £19m in the initial three years of operation.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced individual at Site Manager level to join this new business, which is part of a well-established Group Company, utilising where appropriate their expert knowledge, experience, networks and contacts to assist with the development of this new region.
In the role of Site Manager you will be fully accountable for the management of your site. This includes responsibility for health & safety, managing and motivating your team, the build program, sequence of work stages which adhere to company standards and budget management. You will work very closely with the Contracts Managers to successfully achieve your key objectives.
This is a key position within the Company where you will be expected to exceed, building standards as determined by NHBC, building control and their own internal standards. You should have the drive, knowledge and experience to achieve excellence on site in alignment with their ethos and values creating the opportunity to become award winning both from a quality and health and safety perspective.
You will be responsible for ensuring clients receive a home that is built to the highest standard and delivered to program. Their ultimate aim is to build a home with no remedial issues. Their homes are inspected by a Director two weeks before hand over. This is stage 37 of their Company Standards and it is expected that the home will be fully complete and in move in condition. Thereafter the client undertakes a pre-inspection and familiarisation visit. This allows them to identify any issues they may have, which must be rectified prior to the entry date.
You will have management responsibility for all employees and sub-contractors allocated to your site and therefore the ability to develop excellent working relationships is a pre-requisite. The company has a strong culture and ethos of caring for their people and hold a platinum investors in people award. You will also develop an excellent working relationship with your Sales Consultant on site to ensure they are delivering the required pre and after sales service, meeting them on a weekly basis. They believe that the Site Manager should be delivering an outstanding product and therefore should also be responsible for that product post sales. They expect that remedials will be dealt with effectively and efficiently within a five day period.
You will report directly to your Contracts Manager.
As Site Manager you will be expected to:
• Monitor daily progress of the build program, ensuring that all stages are completed to a high standard and recorded as determined by 37 company Standards
• Take ownership site from site serving through to the handover of the home to the client and any after sales care that may be required
• Manage and achieve, service/utility dates kit dates and entry dates
• Attend formal documented weekly meetings with your Assistant Site Manager and Site Supervisor to discuss building progress
• Hold a weekly update meeting with all site personnel
• Update the site team on all changes to building regulations, standards and health & safety requirements as and when notified
• Highlight any issues with site development including health & safety, human resources and discuss and agree appropriate actions to resolve any problems
• Conduct daily walk around checks on all live plots- a large proportion of your time should be spent out on site
• Ensure that paperwork is checked, defects are rectified and thermal imaging is complete prior to a Director conducting a Stage 37 check
• Ensure all 4 key stages of NHBC inspection are adhered to at all times
• Control incoming and outgoing documents including filing are in accordance with company procedures and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
As Site Manager you will be expected to maintain and exceed service standards in the following areas:
• Monitor all site activities, direct labour and sub-contractors to ensure that operations are carried out in strict accordance with health & safety
• Attend weekly site and sales meetings to discuss remedial work and progress. This includes ensuring that the site management team meets with the Sales Consultants at least once a week
• Outstanding remedial work is completed within 5 days following company Standards
• All work is completed to set and agreed budgets. Any non-budgeted costs should be reported to the accounts/procurement teams immediately
• Relevant departments are notified immediately of any ineffective products
HEATH & SAFETY
This is a critical area of the job role and health and safety standards must be adhered to at all times:
• All site personnel receive an induction on commencement on site and you will ensure that under no circumstances will they be allowed to work until this is undertaken.
• All personnel on site will have a clear understanding of the risk assessments in relation to the work they are undertaking and will adhere to these at all times having ensured these risk assessments are signed
• All personnel follow company health & safety policies and procedures
• You will ensure all health and safety paperwork is up to date at all times.
• You will ensure all subcontract workers will have supplied a RAMS pack prior to commencing work which is robust and fit for purpose and adhered to at all times
• All accidents and near misses are reported in a timely manner
• All CSCS cards are checked and copied (incompliance with GDPR) for anyone arriving on site
• Safe processes and procedures are being followed at all times in accordance with the relevant risk assessments and method statements
• The First Aid Box and supplies are stocked and available
• You can provide first response first aid on site when required
• You will ensure everyone working on site has the appropriate training required to conduct the job they are working on
• Everyone working on site is wearing the appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE) at all times
• The overall presentation and housekeeping of the site is maintained to company Standards
• You are communicating with the Health & Safety Manager on a regular basis with regards to any health & safety concerns on site
• Site security is adequate and maintained at all times including traffic management, prevention of theft and general public access
SITE TEAM MANAGEMENT AND PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT
It will be your responsibility to:
• Work with the Contracts Manager and Assistant Site Manager to promote, encourage and improve Site Team knowledge. This includes understanding building standards, health & safety awareness, team working and levels of productivity
• Ensure all employees and sub-contracts on site are working to company Standards
• Integrate new apprentices, operatives and tradespeople into the main workforce from day of commencement
• Complete yearly annual appraisals with all company trade operatives on your site and undertaking a monthly catch up with your team members
• Attend a monthly meeting with your procurement manager and subcontractors to discuss performance and progress
• Deliver a minimum of two monthly Toolbox Talks
• Maintain motivation and positive morale on site creating the company culture where all individuals on site are valued
• Ensure that the live planning board is updated at all time so that anyone can see the build process at a glance
• Aim to achieve an NHBC quality award, through demonstrating consistent high standards, within 12 months of starting on a site
KEY RELATIONSHIPS AND COMMUNICATION
As a Site Manager you will be required to liaise extensively with a range of internal and external departments. This includes but is not limited to:
• Working with the Director of Human Resources to resolve any performance or absence issues on site
• Working with the Learning & Development Advisor to identify any training needs on site
• Liaising with the Engineering/ Architectural department in respect of drawing and detail queries, drawings or plan issues and updates
• Liaising with the Procurement department in respect of additional payments and variations for sub-contractors, placement of supply chain and material orders
• Working closely with the production manager regards programs and entry dates
• Building an excellent relationship with your sales team
• Building excellent relationships with suppliers, contractors and the NHBC
• Developing excellent relationships with all internal departments
You will ensure the following:
• All resource on site including sub-contractors is controlled to ensure that activities are coordinated on a plot by plot basis and as scheduled on the build program
• Ensure that all materials are ordered to suit the build program and
• all orders should be placed using the Coins software system
• Any attendance anomalies are reported to HR as you will actively manager their work flow management system
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
You should demonstrate the following skills and capabilities:
• Confidence chairing and leading meetings
• Ability to plan, organise and monitor activity on a day by day basis
• Accurate pre planning capability, pre ordering all materials in accordance with supplier lead times
• Excellent written and oral communication and motivational skills are essential to the success of this role
• Can build and maintain excellent working relationships as there is an requirement to liaise with external bodies such as local authorities, NHBC and Health and Safety officials
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft office
You should be able to evidence that you hold the following behavioural attributes:
• Good listener and able to influence others
• Positive can-do attitude
• Leadership qualities with the ability to inspire others to deliver
• Drive and ambition to win NHBC Quality and Health & Safety Awards
• Work with the team to maintain HBF 5 Star Rating
• Customer focused
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
You should aspire to achieve or already hold:
• Recognition as a highly respected and knowledgeable Site Manager
• CSCS Site Manager (Black Card)
• A full knowledge and understanding of all technical/health and safety standards including a proven track record in timber frame construction
• Success through the effective management and development of your Site Team
• A Site Manager Safety Training (5 Day), Fire Warden and First Aid Course
• A full clean driving license
To find out more about this position and the earning potential, please call me on 07788 282 044 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have several new sales and construction roles within house building across the Midlands so would be pleased to discuss these with you.