Development Manager - Project Delivery
Permanent | Derby, Derbyshire | ASAP | £0.00 to £0.00<
Job Reference: 14683
We are currently working with a well-known, affordable house builder and contractor who is recruiting for a Development Coordinator or Development Manager on a permanent basis. This position will be based in their East Midlands office located in Derbyshire.
This company operate nationwide, building circa 500 units per annum across two offices. The person they appoint will oversee schemes in the Midlands, South Yorkshire and Essex.
As a Development Coordinator, you will assist the Head of Development with the coordination of the Development Lifecycle from inception to date of possession and site commencement. This role will focus on the delivery and project management of pre-planning and planning design, coordination of technical reports needed for planning application validation, liaison with the housing association and their employer’s agent for Building Contract compilation in liaison with the Head of Development, Technical Team, Technicians, external architects, consultants, planning authorities, housing association client and their employers’ agents.
Essential Skills, Qualities and Experience;
- Competency at reviewing residential housing planning drawings.
- Meeting with Planning Authorities, Architect and Planning Consultant during the planning process to agree Designs in a commercially prudent manner.
- Assist the Head of Development with information required for Planning Application submissions and validation.
- Respond to Planning Authorities requests for further information and / or changes to the application where needed.
- Design coordination with Engineering and Technicians on Layout Design, planning applications, planning condition discharges, amendments, distribution, coordination and issue and agreement with the Housing Association / Client).
- Experience of ordering and coordinating technical surveys and reports needed for planning and development due diligence.
- Coordinate the completion of the Section 106 Agreements or Unilateral Undertaking.
- Assist the Planning Project Manager with the information they require for planning condition discharges.
- Coordination and communication with Technicians, Engineers and external consultants to ensure planning drawings are correct and agreed with all parties at design freeze stage.
- Competent at reviewing Building Specifications, agreeing internally list of divergencies and items to agree with Clients Employers Agent & coordinating the compilation of Contractors Proposals in line with Clients Design Brief.
- Experience and competency in coordinating and negotiating the compilation of JCT Design & Build Contracts.
- Checking and clarifying that the entire JCT Contract is correct and compliant before approving for execution.
- Knowledge of Affordable and Mixed Tenure Housing design and legal requirements.
- Liaison with the Construction Director when Programmes being compiled.
- Get Performance Bond, Parent Company Guarantee agreed and organised with Finance Director if required for Housing Association Client.
- Ensuring Consultancy Agreement are used properly.
- Process Invoices in relation to all Development Midlands Activities.
- Get Principle Designer Appointment completed.
- Get Collateral Warranties issued and coordinate their signature and return to Clients Employers Agent.
- Get Homes England Stack Board designs issued to Marketing Executive for erection on site pre-start.
- Any other duties required by the Head of Development during the entire Development Lifecycle, this will usually be post development appraisal and land contract exchange stages.
- Attending and minuting where required all design team meetings.
- Managing and issuing information to Consultants Clients and internal Stakeholders when required.
- Attending site visits and meetings pre-commencement and for the initial couple of meetings post commencement.
To be considered for this position you must have at least 5 years’ experience working for a residential developer / house builder or consultancy who work within the residential sector. This position would suit an experienced technical professional who is a self-starter and who’s strengths lie within detail and delivery. Excellent organisation and communication skills will be required along with a full driving licence.
In return, this company is offering a competitive salary plus an excellent package including the option of a company car or car allowance, discretionary annual bonus, pension contribution, flexible home working and working hours.
To apply please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all East Midlands vacancies within house building and residential development.
Competitive salary plus company car or car allowance, discretionary annual bonus, pension contribution, flexible home working and working hours.