Permanent | Warwickshire, Warwickshire | ASAP | £30000.00 to £40000.00<
Job Reference: 14667
A reputable, national house builder is recruiting for an experienced Civil Engineer to join their Midlands region on a permanent basis.
As a Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for the management of multiple developments from an engineering perspective including instructing, supervising and monitoring engineering consultants on post-acquisition civil and structural engineering design work ensuring compliance with Building Regulations, NHBC Standards, Local Authority Standards and other relevant regulatory requirements.
Preparation of viabilities
• Interpret geo-technical reports
• Design solution for initial road and sewer layout
• Undertake site survey and fix floor levels
• Identify existing services i.e. gas/electricity etc scope needs and plan services to new development
Satisfactory resolve engineering issues as part of planning application
• Undertake road and sewer designs using AutoCAD / PDS / Microdrainage
• Plot floor levels
• Coordinate and manage external consultants to resolve any further engineering issues
Ensure compliance with building regulations and NHBC standards
• Manage consultants in the preparation of foundations and ground investigation issues
• Monitor and resolve any CML issues
Ensure all information is available for pre-start / concept meeting
• Ensure all engineering drawings for start on site including foundations and any remediation proposals
• Secure technical approval for roads and sewers
• Provide all services drawings i.e. existing and proposed
• Prepare layout for proposed street lighting and identify new postal addresses
• Ensure deed plans and setting out drawings for each plot are available
• Input into EMS/CDM/Health and Safety/Environmental issues / checklists
• Procure tender documents for specialist foundations e.g. piling
• Securing all technical clearances for section 38 and 104 agreements
• Complete road and sewer and public open space adoption
• Attend pre-start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required under the Company’s Operating Framework procedure
• Undertake regular site visits
• Any other duties as required by the Technical Director
To be considered for this position you must have at least 3 years post qualification experience working directly for a house builder or an engineering consultancy specialising in housing. You should hold a Civil Engineering related qualification (ONC/HNC or equivalent). Proficiency using AutoCAD is essential; a knowledge of Microdrainage and PDS is desirable. Experience managing your own projects would be an advantageous. The successful candidate should possess excellent communication and negotiation skills, be able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary circa £40,000 plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
If you are looking for a new opportunity and seek career development and progression please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all engineering and technical vacancies based in the West and East Midlands.
Company car or car allowance, pension contribution, private healthcare, discretionary annual bonus