Technical Manager - High End House Builder
Permanent | Warwickshire, Warwickshire | June / July | £50000.00 to £60000.00<
Job Reference: 14599
A well-established, privately owned house builder is looking to recruit a Technical Manager on a full time, permanent basis for their Midlands region located in Warwickshire.
This regional house builder operates across three offices; North West, Midlands and South East. Renowned for producing unique, detailed and contemporary new build residential developments from one to five bed houses; this region building circa 450 units per annum.
The person they appoint as Technical Manager will play a pivotal role in the development and success of the business. You will be responsible for project managing new developments from acquisition to final adoption, including the following;
• Commissioning of road and sewer design work and arranging for tender
• Commissioning ground investigation reports and ascertaining foundation/specific requirements
• Liaison with service companies and highway/water company engineers
• Instructing consultants/surveying departments to tender and carry out infrastructure works
• Arranging street lighting designs, costs and services to be completed
• Liaise with key staff and customers regarding on-going progress
• Submit and obtain approval for Building Regulations/Control via NHBC or Local Authority
• Report on all engineering costs for site development targets and monitoring until completion
• Ascertain and agree on costs under collaboration agreements
• Arranging pre-start meetings with the contractor, agreeing on programme and constraints as appropriate
• Assisting the Land and Financial teams to ensure Section 106 requirements are met including payments
• Completion of technical agreements such as S278, S38 and S104 agreements with sewer easements as appropriate, together with service authority contracts
• Transfer of substation sites and pumping station sites as appropriate
• Arranging postal numbers/street names for developments
• Assisting with setting up management companies for apartments and private roads
• Arranging surfacing contractors and implementation of remedial works, leading to road/sewers being placed on maintenance
• Inspection with highway/water company engineers as required
• Inspecting roads/sewers to ascertain remedial works prior to adoption
• Monitoring costs and referring any defects/issues to the contractor
• Managing contract charges as required
• Arranging for as-built highway/sewer surveys for adoption purposes
To be considered for this position you must be capable of project managing new developments from acquisition to final adoption. This position requires a good understanding of design, regulation and engineering processes along with excellent communication and organisation skills and the ability to resolve issues quickly. Previous experience of working with a house builder is desirable but not essential.
This position would suit an experienced engineering professional who is looking for the next step in their career, gaining more managerial responsibilities and seniority.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary up to £60,000 plus an excellent benefits package.
To apply, please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all technical vacancies within house building.
Company car or car allowance, pension contribution, private healthcare, discretionary annual bonus, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays