Group Senior Surveyor
Permanent | Dunston, Staffordshire | August | £55000.00 to £60000.00<
Job Reference: 14593
Group Senior Surveyor
Taylor Herrick Recruitment is working on a new Group Senior Surveyor role located in the West Midlands with a well-known, PLC house builder. In this role, you will form part of the Group function to ensure that processes are carried out to best practice across the operating regions. You will identify cost savings and promote the integration of cost saving initiatives across the business, focusing on roads, sewers and engineering opportunities.
In this role, you will need to:
- collect data on a regular basis to benchmark regional costs and duplicate this cost data across regional Commercial teams.
- assist the Regional Commercial Teams to ensure that all processes are carried out in accordance with the Commercial Best Practice Manual.
- provide and maintain standard trade and material schedules for core house types.
- standardise the primary Commercial Processes and maintain a Best Practice guide for the Regional Commercial Teams.
- identify margin improvements across live projects.
- liaise with all other Departments to ensure cost effective delivery of the Regions budgeted output
- assist regions in the provision of accurate build costs for use in budgets, forecasts and valuations.
- provide build cost information for estimating when requested.
- periodically review forecasts and budgets.
- provide all house type cost information for use with budgeting and forecasting procedures, as requested.
- work closely with Estimators within this role to ensure estimated costs of all works are available and up to date.
- assist regions in reviewing estimated costs for use within land purchase viabilities.
- assist with the review of the monthly CVR process along with relevant trend analysis and reporting.
Any proposed changes for best practice are to be shared at the quarterly Commercial Directors meeting.
The successful candidate will come from a house building / construction background and have previous experience in a Senior Quantity Surveyor or Group role. A HNC or equivalent is a minimum requirement for this role in Surveying or Construction. You will come with a good knowledge of traditional construction methods and materials with strong mathematical and IT ability.
This Group Senior Surveyor position is offering £60,000, car allowance, plus package. To apply, please send your CV to daniel@THrecruit.co.uk or call 07795547888 for more details. To view our other Commercial jobs in house building, please visit our website www.THrecruit.co.uk or our Linked In page Taylor Herrick Recruitment.
Car allowance, health care, pension, bonus