Senior Urban Designer
Permanent | Birmingham, West Midlands | One month | £0.00 to £0.00<
Job Reference: 14557
One of the UK’s leading Design and Planning Consultancies is in search of an experienced and enthusiastic Urban Design professional to join their growing design team at a senior level. This position will be based in their West Midlands region located in central Birmingham.
This company is very well established for the inter-disciplinary services they offer and as a result, they are fortunate to have an enviable and long-lasting clientele consisting of landowners and bespoke and national house builders. The person they appoint will have the opportunity to work within some of the following sectors; residential, commercial, mixed use, infrastructure-led new communities and regeneration.
As a Senior Urban Designer, you will play a key part in the growth strategy of the Birmingham team, developing and delivering design opportunities.
Key Responsibilities / Requirements
• Design input for mixed use and residential masterplans for UK projects. Production of urban design concepts supported by well-considered design rationales that take account of technical constraints. Developing design concepts from initial ideas through to sketch layouts
• Communication and presentation: excellent verbal, written and illustrative communication skills are required, together with the confidence to present to a variety of audiences, including clients and large external multi-disciplinary consultancy teams
• Project management: ability to work to defined briefs and tight deadlines; setting internal deadlines and managing workload.
• Client liaison: developing and maintaining client relationships; acting as the day-to-day contact
• Community consultation: assisting/facilitating at public exhibitions and community engagement workshops to inform the design process
• Business Development: assisting with raising the profile of the Design team to support the generation of new client work.
This position would suit an experienced professional with either an MA or postgraduate Diploma in Urban Design. Someone who has a genuine enthusiasm for creating new high quality and sustainable communities.
To be considered for this position, you must have excellent design skills and proven experience of working on large UK residential schemes. You will be required to have an understanding of the wider design process, be able to produce high quality hand drawings, have good attention to detail and the ability to manage projects and coordinate the production of Design and Access Statements.
In return, this company is offering a competitive salary and benefits package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
If you are seeking a new permanent opportunity with a reputable Consultancy who boast a friendly yet busy atmosphere then please send your updated CV and portfolio to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all design and planning vacancies within the West and East Midlands.
Competitive salary plus benefits