Associate Flood Risk Engineer
Permanent | Birmingham, West Midlands | ASAP | £40000.00 to £50000.00<
Job Reference: 14448
One of the UK’s leading Engineering Consultancies is growing their Birmingham office due to an increase in workload and ambitious plans for growth. As a result, they are looking to recruit an Associate Flood Risk Engineer.
This consultancy prides itself on providing a great level of customer service, various skills, technical expertise and experience.
Roles and Responsibility:
• Develop and grow the flood risk/hydrology team in the Birmingham office. Introduce efficient methods of working.
• Carry out flood risk assessment and modelling for numerous types of projects.
• Full management of projects inclusive of administration and client liaison.
• Review and prepare technical documents in an organised manner.
• Carry out recruitment of new team members, and develop existing team members.
• Travel to other regional offices as and when required.
• Development of surface water drainage strategy designs for proposed development sites.
• River modelling to outline the extent and depths of flooding and to determine mitigation schemes.
• Undertake junior staff appraisals and performance reviews.
You must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in the Civil Engineering Industry and be educated to degree standard in Civil Engineering or similar subject. You must be proficient in the use of Microdrainage and flood modelling software systems such as XP Storm and TUflow, as well as being proficient in the use of AutoCAD. Excellent knowledge of current legislation, drainage design standards and sewers is also essential. Including detailed knowledge of the NPPF and NHBC standards. Working knowledge of health and safety standards is essential along with excellent communication and team work skills.dant on experience).
To apply, please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07785997563 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all engineering and technical vacancies within house building.
Follow our Linked In company page https://www.linkedin.com/company/596773/ to be kept up to date with new opportunities and events within the Built Environment.