Permanent | Birmingham, West Midlands | One month | £50000.00 to £65000.00<
Job Reference: 14418
This house builder is experiencing particularly positive times and is looking for a Technical Manager for their Birmingham office. Sites range across the Midlands region, and you will be responsible for these until completion.
As Technical Manager, you will be responsible for the delivery of the most cost effective solutions for all aspects of development. Reporting to the Technical Director.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
• Obtaining Technical Drawings and approvals to enable efficient site starts. Oversee preparation of the optimisation plans through to approval
• Brief, manage and drive the external consultants in the preparation and issue of production information to an agreed programme, fee and scope.
• Prepare the Design Programme and present it at the Progression Meetings.
• Ensure all statutory enquiries, crossovers, sewer connections and other section agreements are submitted and pursued for their timely return.
• Oversee the NHBC/Building Regulations applications to approval.
• Ensure that working drawings are in accordance with the approved Planning Scheme, and ensure discharge of planning conditions. To monitor and control all production information in close liaison with the Development Estimator to ensure tight cost controls are kept and information produced in line with budget estimates.
• Monitor and control the Professional Fees budget and update fee reports on monthly basis for incorporation into the Board Pack Report.
• Oversee preparation of Brochure Plans, Conveyance Plans and Sales Area drawings.
• Attend meetings at various stages of projects (Land/Technical hand-over, Project Meeting, Optimisation, Progression, Technical/Sales, Budget Meetings, etc.)
• General liaison and coordination between all parties, both internal and external – Sales, Construction, Accounts, Legal teams as well as Main Board of Directors.
• Attend Subcontractor interviews.
• Respond to site queries and resolve Technical/Construction problems.
• Issuing drawings and information for construction purposes.
• Good technical knowledge of both housing and apartment construction, RC Frame mutli-storey schemes together with a degree of flair for design.
• A working knowledge of Building Regulations, NHBC, Party Wall Awards and associated legislation connected with the construction industry.
• The ability to get on with people together with communication, meeting and management skills essential in dealing with multi-disciplined teams.
• The ability to recognise problems and deal with them in a speedy and effective manner.
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office etc
• 5+ years’ experience working for a national house builder. Overall 10 years’ experience working in the industry, preferably degree qualified.
The salary for this role is circa £65,000 but is negotiable dependent on experience, the package includes an average 15% bonus, high spec car or allowance, pension and medical cover.
To apply please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website http://www.threcruit.co.uk/ to view all technical vacancies within house building.
Follow our Linked In company page https://www.linkedin.com/company/596773/ to be kept up to date with new opportunities and events within the Built Environment.
High spec company car or car allowance, pension contribution, private healthcare, death in service, discretionary bonus up to 15%