Permanent | Warwickshire, Warwickshire | May | £60000.00 to £70000.00<
Job Reference: 14415
This growing housing company is offering a highly competitive salary to make sure the secure the best professionals for their new region. Seeking a Senior Estimator from a house building / construction background, the successful candidate will preferably have experience of working on a range of residential projects.
You will be working on a high quality product and schemes that range from 50 units – 400+. The Commercial team, based in Warwickshire, consists of the Commercial Director, 2x Senior Quantity Surveyors, Buyer, Assistants and they need a Senior Estimator to complete this.
A relevant qualification in construction and a methodical work ethic is essential in this role and you should also be a competent computer user with a knowledge of excel spreadsheets and preferably experienced using an estimating software package.
• Quantify materials for tender purposes
• Have a good knowledge of taking-off quantities from drawings and preparing bills of quantities using standard quantity surveying techniques and terminology.
• Communicate and brief specification to specialist suppliers
• Gathering prices and lead time information from supplies and specialists
• Assist in preparing valuations, cost reports or final accounts from time to time, therefore, a knowledge of post contract quantity surveying duties would be an advantage.
• Advise other departments on the cost of alternative design choices.
• Develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
This is a fantastic opportunity as there is the potential for rapid promotion within the company as they continue to grow. Financially, they are in a very strong position and have a quick turnaround when it comes to getting board approval. They have an excellent staff retention rate, a good team effort, they’re very inclusive and there is no blame culture.
Offering a highly competitive salary, (£70,000) plus package. For more information or to apply for this Senior Estimator job, please send your CV to daniel@THrecruit.co.uk or call 07795547888. To view our other opportunities in Commercial / Estimating, please visit our website www.THrecruit.co.uk or our Linked In page – Taylor Herrick Recruitment.
Car allowance, health care, pension and more