Senior Urban Designer
Permanent | East Midlands, East Midlands | Negotiable | £35000.00 to £45000.00<
Job Reference: 14401
As this reputable Design and Planning Practice expand their team in the East Midlands, this practice is looking to appoint a Senior Urban Designer who will play a big part in the future of this division.
They work predominantly within the residential sector, having a range of clients nationally. Working on a vast array of sites from small-bespoke builds through to large scale challenging projects, they deliver architectural and urban design solutions to an extremely high standard. Once appointed the ideal candidate will be heavily involved in the design and planning of these projects. A large part of the role will entail master planning and urban design.
Duties and Responsibilities;
• To understand the urban design/masterplan project and conduct research into relevant technical urban design and planning issues.
• To undertake and be responsible for the preparation of testing layouts, plans and drawings, together with design and access statements and other documents as required under the direction of the project associate or director.
• Work alongside project teams throughout the design process from brief development to site analysis, design development and the preparation of outline and detailed planning applications.
• The opportunity to have a growing responsibility for managing the project as instructed by the project associate or director.
• Demonstrate effective communication, attending meetings and public consultation events.
• Have a thorough knowledge of and compliance with the company’s procedures and standards including compliance with Quality Management System and Health and Safety requirements, and be able to instruct others.
• Have an increasing responsibility for the financial management of projects.
• Developing client relationships
Skills and Qualities;
• Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities.
• Excellent design skills with an ability to resolve the diverse technical requirements of the project with the aspirations of place making.
• Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well either individually or collaboratively within a team.
• Excellent presentation skills with a growing ability to undertake presentations to a range of audiences.
• Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks.
• Able to use a variety of media in the design development and documentation of a design project.
• Resilience to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times.
• Flexible attitude.
• Good hand drawings skills and / or ability to use some of the following: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Vectorworks, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
This is an exciting opportunity that offers excellent scope for progression within a reputable practice. This position will suit someone who has a strong background in housing and also urban design.
Sketching, feasibilities, design and access statements and site layout design will be the majority of your work, coupled with project management and client liaison. The role will be well matched to someone who can run their own show and deal with clients from brief through to completion.
Design flair and a passion for the work that you do are essential attributes for this role. To be considered, you must hold a qualification in urban design, coupled with substantial experience within residential architecture and urban design.
Offering a competitive salary plus car allowance and benefits, competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply please send your updated CV and work samples to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all architectural and design vacancies within the East Midlands.
Car allowance, pension contribution, healthcare etc.