Permanent | Birmingham, West Midlands | Negotiable | £25000.00 to £35000.00<
Job Reference: 14356
A successful, national house builder based in the West Midlands is in search of a Structural Engineer to join their technical team on a permanent basis.
The person they appoint will undertake design, supervision, management and negotiations culminating in sound structural solutions. All matters to be carried out with strict adherence to the Company’s Best Practice Procedures. This position will report to the Regional Technical Director.
• Design good economical, sound structural solutions whether working within a team environment, independently or with external consultants
• Carry out all aspects of cost effective detailed structural engineering design in relation to the Company’s activities, to agreed programme dates
• Production of all relevant working drawings as required
• Monitoring of external consultants to produce same
• Progressive in using available technology to improve best working practices
• Effective use of CAD facilities in structural engineering design work
• Assess all site investigations and make all other relevant departments aware of any potential risks and solutions thereto
• Assess proposed site including arranging site investigation work to enable proposals for foundation design to be made
• Ensure all other relevant departments are fully aware of implications of the design
• Communicate, liaise and arrange meetings with NHBC and Local Authorities where applicable on structural engineering matters to achieve the necessary approvals
• Ensure all necessary disciplines are kept fully informed of all structural issues
• Arrange and attend such meetings as deemed necessary to deal with structural queries or problems in a timely manner
• Be proactive in dealing with sites and the NHBC to gain good sound economic solutions on site
• Undertake site inspections as and when required concerning structural items
• Commission external consultants when necessary in relation to specific works (bore holes, ground treatments, materials testing, piling designs)
• Liaise with the consultants in connection with the Company’s requirements
• Prepare tender packages for specialist design (e.g. steel frames, piling, vibro)
• Check and approve specialist details
• Liaise with any structural specialists to ensure good, sound economic solutions are achieved
• Manage and liaise with other departments with regard to aftersale problems
• Inspect and report on any problems relating to structural matters
• Inspect of remedial works as and when required
• Deal with structural queries related to historic sites
To be considered for this position you must be qualified with 3 A’ levels / equivalent qualification (Maths or Science) or HNC / HND at technician level and willing to complete a degree course whilst working. You will be required to have at least 12 months experience working within a house builder / residential developer.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
To apply please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all engineering and technical vacancies within house building.
Company car or allowance, pension contribution, healthcare, discretionary bonus