Senior Civil Engineer
Permanent | West Midlands, West Midlands | Negotiable | £40000.00 to £50000.00<
Job Reference: 14353
A reputable, national house builder is recruiting for an experienced Senior or Civil Engineer to join their West Midlands region on a permanent basis.
The person they appoint will be responsible for the management and co-ordination of external consultants therefore experience in the design of drainage schemes, highways and sewers would be preferable. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager.
• Provide a practical and cost effective technical service to the division.
• Procure site investigations, surveys, services information, etc to assist the design process.
• Management of the technical process ensuring that best practice is followed and that costs are controlled.
• Ensure best value is observed in procuring site service contracts.
• To oversee the design and detailing carried out by externally appointed Consulting Engineer’s responsible for providing designs for new estate roads and sewers, including Section 38, 104 and S278 agreements.
• Secure adoption agreements; S38, S104 and S278 to suit the development programme.
• To deliver a clear and concise technical briefing to all the related departments at the pre-start stage.
• To support the Commercial / Construction / Sales department with any issues that may arise.
• To assist the solicitors in the processing of purchaser queries.
• Ensure that the site adoptions process is followed, and that the associated agreements are in place, and that the bond value is kept to a minimum.
• Liaise with other technical team members and planners to seek discharge of building regulations and planning conditions.
• Liaise with building control bodies to clear engineering related conditions.
To be considered for this position you must have 5+ years post qualification experience working directly for a house builder or an engineering consultancy specialising in housing. Experience managing your own projects would be an advantageous. This position offers scope for career progression to Technical Manager within 12 – 18 months (dependent on individual performance).
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary up to £50,000 plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
If you are looking for a step up and seek career development and progression please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Company car or allowance, pension contribution, healthcare, discretionary annual bonus