Head Of Technical Engineering
Permanent | South Midlands, South Midlands | Negotiable | £65000.00 to £100000.00<
Job Reference: 14324
A successful land promotion and development company is looking to appoint a Head of Technical Engineering for their technical team located in South Midlands.
This reputable company predominantly focus on residential and mixed use projects nationwide.
The person they appoint will be responsible for the delivery of infrastructure design on major developments, from grant of planning to issue to construction team. Managing a team of 6 engineers; this position will report directly to the Group Development Director.
This role requires intensive management of a range of third party consultants across a range of technical disciplines to ensure delivery to tight deadlines. It also requires a close working relationship with the Construction team to ensure infrastructure is delivered on the ground in a timely manner.
1. Ensure the timely delivery of infrastructure designs and sectional agreements for delivery of serviced land sales
2. Management of team of 6 engineers and technicians and coordination with other departments
3. Review and assessment of designs to ensure technical accuracy, design code compliance and commercial awareness
4. Working with the Group Sales Director in respect of production of Land Sale Packs and the Construction Director in providing high quality tender and construction packages
5. Negotiation of Section 38, 278, 104, 185 agreements and technical input to the discharge of planning conditions
6. Tender, award, appointment of design consultants and management of delivery
7. Attendance and input to management meetings
8. Input to the production of infrastructure cost plans
9. Input onto determining on-site and off-site mitigation works and reaching agreement with appropriate technical bodies at outline planning stage
10. Assessment of utility supplies – timely placement of orders for diversions, new supplies and reinforcements
This position would suit an experienced Engineering professional with a proven track record in a management role in house building or consultancy. Ideally, the person they appoint will be MICE or MCIHT qualified, have a good understanding of geotechnics and interpretation of site investigation works, a good working knowledge of DMRB and Sewers for Adoption and general understanding of the planning and EIA processes. It would be advantageous if you have a range of contacts in approving organisations broadly within the South Midlands and Home Counties. You will be expected to communicate clearly with industry professionals and the general public.
In return, this company is offering a highly competitive salary plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
To apply, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all technical and engineering vacancies based in the Midlands.
Highly competitive salary plus car allowance, pension contribution, private healthcare, death in service