Principal Civil Engineer
Permanent | Leicester, Leicester | One month | £45000.00 to £50000.00<
Job Reference: 14314
A successful, high-end house builder is in search of a Principal Engineer to join their Technical team on a permanent basis based in Leicestershire.
This family run business is expanding and as a result, they are looking for an experienced Engineer with experience working on residential developments. The person they appoint will have the opportunity to work on a variety of new build projects including apartment schemes, bungalows and 2-6 bed semi-detached and detached houses across the East Midlands.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and delivery of complex civil engineering schemes to enable the construction of underground infrastructure at the company’s residential and commercial developments across the East Midlands. The scale of developments can range from 10-900 units. This position will report to the Technical Manager.
• Produce quality technical information to strict deadlines in order to facilitate the companies ambitious build programme
• Deal with the technical management of any project as required
• Site pre-acquisition appraisals, design of the civil engineering works for the site and management of the project through to completion
• Taking a ‘cradle to grave’ approach to project management
• Regularly visiting sites to address any technical issues as required
• Training/mentoring junior members of the team as required
The ideal candidate must demonstrate the following key skills:
• Design of roads, sewers, external works, site engineering & drainage
• Design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SuDS), earthworks and ground modelling
• Experience in negotiating with relevant authorities in order to obtain technical approvals for S104, S38 & S278 agreements etc.
• Site problem solving, dealing with technical issues and providing technical assistance where necessary
• Site appraisals and feasibility studies
• Knowledge of site investigation reports, ground remediation, foundations and site retaining features
• Knowledge of site utility requirements
• Knowledge of road and sewer adoptions
• Knowledge of building regulations and industry specific requirements
• Knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation. CDM 2015
• Excellent communication skills; both face-to-face and written
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines
• Ability to ‘hit the ground running’ and manage projects without the need for supervision
• Must be a flexible individual, capable of adapting to the company’s preferred methods of working
• Must be hands on, content to visit site and help with problems as needed
• A strong team player
• Strong diplomatic & negotiation skills
• Content with management & development of junior members of staff
To be considered for this position, you will be required to have previous experience working for a House builder or Engineering consultancy who deliver technical services for residential developments. As a senior member of the Company’s in house design team, you must be fully competent in the design of roads, sewers and site engineering works using industry standard software including AutoCAD, WinDes Microdrainage, PDS, 3D Civil packages and AutoTrack.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary up to £50,000 plus package including a company car or car allowance, fuel allowance, company mobile phone, pension contribution, private healthcare and a generous holiday allowance.
To apply, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all technical and engineering vacancies within house building.
Company car or allowance, fuel allowance, pension contribution, private healthcare, company mobile phone