Permanent | Leicestershire, East Midlands | | £44000.00 to £44000.00<
Job Reference: 14310
This business is a 5 star house builder that has been established for over 80 years. Taking sites from Strategic land acquisition through to high quality build; they are experts in their field and their first-rate reputation demonstrates this. They have a staff base of circa 300 loyal employees incorporating a mix of direct labour and sub contractors. Their ethos has always been to nurture and develop employees whilst encouraging commerciality. With 11 live sites, they are on target to build 400 2-5 bed luxury homes this year across the Midlands, with a realistic production target of 600 homes in 2019. Their intention is to grow this organically with an additional c50 plots per annum. The majority of their schemes are in sought after locations across the East and South Midlands. Quality is at the forefront of their business and this is clear from their excellent customer care standards and awards during recent years. Their next challenge will be to efficiently achieve increasing build programmes whilst maintaining historic quality standards.
They are looking for a housing construction professional to join them and support their Production Director; driving build programmes to achieve growth whilst not compromising quality. An operational role; the overall purpose of this appointment is to support growth and improvement in production whilst managing front end strategic planning, ongoing build programming and efficient management of resources, within budget and without compromising quality.
Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Oversee and manage construction projects from conception to completion to ensure successful, efficient and timely development.
- Review each scheme in-depth to programme effectively
- Coordinate and manage site staff and subcontractors, maintain strong employee relations.
- Review working progress on a regular basis
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones. Work in a pro-active not reactive manner and pre-empt any potential issues that may arise.
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
-Promote and uphold the company’s prestige and good name.
We believe that in order to be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will need to have:
- Proven working experience in construction management within house building
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Experience and understanding throughout all stages of the build cycle
- Familiarity with construction management software packages and be IT literate, thy use Asta powerproject
- Able to think ahead and work towards the bigger picture
- Strong leadership skills and effective man management
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Degree level construction qualification and ideally MCIOB
The right person for this role will have a ‘can-do’ mind set and a professional attitude towards work, they will be:
- Respected amongst industry peers
- Approachable – able to communicate effectively with their team and also sub contractors
- Motivated and driven – excited by the challenge of growth and determined to succeed in the role
- Engaging – capable of leading, encouraging and developing the team to improve performance
- Credible – knowledgeable and informed, able to demonstrate successful construction career
- forward thinking – bring a fresh approach to things with new ideas and processes
- Goal orientated
- Consistent – reliable and committed to the task with progression in mind
- Ambitious – keen to become a valuable, key member of the management team
This growing business can offer genuine career progression to those that work hard and deliver.