Permanent | Birmingham, West Midlands | One month | £35000.00 to £45000.00<
Job Reference: 14283
A reputable, national house builder is recruiting for an experienced Civil Engineer to join their West Midlands region on a permanent basis.
As a Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for managing multiple developments from an engineering perspective including instructing, supervising and monitoring engineering consultants on post-acquisition civil and structural engineering design work ensuring compliance with Building Regulations, NHBC Standards, Local Authority Standards and other relevant regulatory requirements.
Preparation of viabilities
• Under the guidance of the Senior Engineer, interpret geo-technical and geo-environmental reports and advise on development constraints
• Advise on design concept for road and sewer layout
• Prepare site constraints plan and feed into Technical Appraisal to support bid and LPE
• Prepare and manage the relevant sections of the Company’s process.
Engineering input into Planning Application and Design Development
• Ensure that the layout develops in full cognisance of the engineering constraints
• Oversee the development of a cost effective road and sewer design utilising consultants together with detailed local site works design development
• Instruct and secure relevant reports to assist in securing planning approval including Flood Risk Assessments, Geo-environmental Appraisals, Transportation Assessments, Utility Appraisals
• Work with specialist consultants to ensure appropriate remediation strategy is developed
• Coordinate and manage external consultants to resolve any further engineering issues
• Generate civil engineering design working in conjunction with the design team to produce a final coordinated design.
Ensure compliance with building regulations and NHBC standards
• Manage consultants in the preparation of site remediation, road and sewer designs and foundation designs
• Monitor and resolve any CML issues relating to engineering matters.
Ensure all information is available for pre-tender/pre-start meeting
• Ensure all engineering drawings for tender process and start on site are available and review to permit construction with minimal site queries
• Manage external consultants to secure technical approvals for roads and sewers together with any off site works
• Manage all services quotations, drawings and assist in programming installation/diversion for both existing and proposed utilities
• Procure tender documents for specialist construction techniques e.g. piling etc.
• Potential need to assume lead role on major projects for the purpose of infrastructure coordination and delivery
• Attend concept, pre-tender, pre-start, specification and any other relevant meetings as required under the Company’s Operational Framework procedure
• Undertake regular site visits and attendance at site project meetings
• Any other duties as required by the Senior Engineer / Technical Director.
To be considered for this position you must have at least 5 years post qualification experience working directly for a house builder or an engineering consultancy specialising in housing. You should hold a Civil Engineering related qualification (ONC/HNC or equivalent). Proficiency using AutoCAD is essential, a knowledge of Microdrainage and PDS is desirable. Experience managing your own projects would be an advantageous.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary circa £45,000 plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
If you are looking for a step up and seek career development and progression please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all engineering and technical vacancies based in the West and East Midlands.
Compny car or car allowance, pension contribution, health care and discretionary bonus.