Permanent | West Midlands, West Midlands | January | £35000.00 to £43000.00<
Job Reference: 14230
Quantity Surveyor West Midlands
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to join one of the New Build Housing market leaders. This reputable company is based in the West Midlands and is seeking an enthusiastic Quantity Surveyor to join their thriving Commercial team.
This new Quantity Surveyor role has come about due to growth in the Commercial team as they face positive times. The successful candidate must come from a housing background and will preferably be trained in COINS. A HNC / HND is a minimum requirement to be considered with at least two years’ experience in the house building industry.
This role will be challenging and will include responsibilities such as ensuring cost reports and similar are managed, completed on time and monitored across 3-4 sites. You will be expected to control and maximise the company’s profitability, ensuring applications and valuations are completed in line with the contract terms and also ensuring sub-contractors receive prompt payment and are procured in line with the contractual obligations and commitments to subcontractors.
Assist in the commercial function and reporting for projects within the region including sub-contract procurement, payments, benchmarking, rebates, WIP, cash flows and valuations.
Monitor and report build costs periodically reporting any savings and excesses.
Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of contractor performance.
Management of external consultants involved in the commercial function.
Key accountabilities and activities
Scheduling and quantifying materials and labour
• Ensure all specifications and programmes are complied with and that quality is not compromised.
• Monitor invoicing procedures and resolve any issues in conjunction with the Finance Department.
• Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to dwelling structures, professional fees, site abnormal and infrastructure costs.
• Manage closed site provisions.
• Assist in monthly WIP and cash flow forecasting.
• Manage RSL valuations and attend meetings on site.
Monitor and report costs
• Monitor and explain all cost movements within the site valuation.
• Have responsibility for processing all Contractor, subcontractor and consultant orders and payments, variation orders and day works.
• Undertake valuations of production at budgeted cost on a quarterly basis.
• Forecast final accounts
The successful Quantity Surveyor is required to start as soon as possible and will be offered a competitive salary (£35,000 - £43,000) plus package. For more details on this role or other Quantity Surveyor opportunities, please get in touch on daniel@THrecruit.co.uk or 07795547888. We currently have a number of Quantity Surveyor jobs based across the West and East Midlands with reputable companies. For more details, please visit our website www.THrecruit.co.uk or view our company page (Taylor Herrick Recruitment) on Linked In.
Company car / allowance, health care, pension, bonus