Permanent | Birmingham, West Midlands | Negotiable | £20000.00 to £25000.00<
Job Reference: 14217
We are working with a well-known, multidisciplinary practice who is in search of an Architectural Technician to join their central Birmingham office.
The successful candidate will be working on a number of projects within a variety of sectors including residential, education, commercial etc. This would involve working on new build and refurbishment projects.
Projects are currently located in West Midlands, Staffordshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire and Shropshire, so access to a car that can be used for business will be essential for the role.
To be considered for this position you must have at least two years post qualification experience, however the right graduate may be considered.
The main design software packages this practices uses are AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-Up, Photoshop and Solibri. It is essential you are proficient in AutoCAD and it is desirable to have Revit experience. Candidates who have experience using Revit will be asked to carry out a 45-minute test should you be invited to interview.
The position would be subject to a DBS check to enable working upon Education projects and a NPPV (Non-Police Personnel Vetting) Level 2 to enable working upon blue light projects.
Summary of salary and benefits
• Competitive salary circa £25,000 per annum
• 23 days Holiday + an additional day for your Birthday. (After 2 years’ service has been completed, staff will be entitled to 24 days leave. After 3 years’ service staff will be entitled to 25 days leave)
• 3% Contributory Pension
• Salary to be reviewed on a twice years’ basis (May and November) with first review November 2016 should the candidate be in place prior to the 1st May, otherwise it would be the 1st May 2017.
• Probation period of 6 months.
• Variable Hours – staff can chose an office start time of either 8am, 8:30am, 9am, 9:30am and 10am. Lunch will be from 12:30pm-1:30pm. Depending upon your start time will dictate the official finish time, 8am would be 4:15pm, 8:30-4:45, 9-5:15, 9:30-5:45 and 10-6:15. This gives flexibility to staff, once chosen, the staff member agrees to the selected times and then has the opportunity to change their times every 3 months.
To apply, please send your updated CV and work samples / portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website http://www.threcruit.co.uk/ to view all architectural vacancies based in the West and East Midlands.
Follow our Linked In company page https://www.linkedin.com/company/596773/ to be kept up to date with new opportunities and events within the Built Environment.
Pension contribution, variable working hours and salary review twice a year.