Senior Civil Engineer
Permanent | Birmingham, West Midlands | Negotiable | £40000.00 to £50000.00<
Job Reference: 14185
A successful, national house builder based in the West Midlands is in search of a Senior Civil Engineer to join their technical team on a permanent basis.
The person they appoint will undertake the design and supervision of civil engineering projects in order to provide a quality and cost effective service in line with this regions budget.
• To undertake design and supervision of projects from initial briefing through to adoption within the specified timescales.
• Allocate work tasks to junior members of staff appropriate to their skills and experience.
• Coach and develop junior staff.
• Carry out all necessary functions to assist the smooth running of the area team.
• Undertake designs achieving practical, economic and saleable solutions.
• Provide technical advice within the Department for planning applications, etc.
• Specific activities including infrastructure appraisals, drainage design and highway design.
• Utilisation of computer-aided design software, drainage design software and PDS modelling.
• Liaison with Service Authorities and production of combined services drawings.
• Checking of work to ensure economic and in line with acquisition budgets.
• Preparation of infrastructure delivery programmes.
• Supervision of works on-site when necessary to ensure delivery of programme.
To be considered for this position you must be qualified with at least a HNC/HND in Civil Engineering or preferably degree qualified in Engineering or achieved incorporated / chartered status. You will be required to have at least 5 years’ experience working with a house builder or Engineering Consultancy working within the residential sector. An in-depth knowledge of AutoCAD is essential as well as other engineering packages including Autotrack, Microdrainage, PDS.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary circa £50,000 plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
To apply please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all engineering and technical vacancies within house building.
Company car or allowance, pension contribution, healthcare, discretionary bonus