Civil Design Engineer
Permanent | Leicester, Leicestershire | Negotiable | £30000.00 to £40000.00<
Job Reference: 14178
A successful house builder is expanding their engineering department due to growth of the company. They are in search of a Design Engineer to join their existing team on a permanent basis located in Leicestershire.
This company has been established for over 10 years and have developed a strong reputation for building high quality homes across the East Midlands. Currently building circa 450 units per annum.
• Provide engineering input to surveyors at site viability stage to allow costing of abnormal engineering requirements. Attendance of internal meetings, appointment of consultants or production of high level engineering designs in-house.
• Produce External works and Building drainage designs for schemes
• Design of S38/S104 road and sewer schemes and submissions for technical approvals with adopting authorities
• Use of Site3D and Microdrainage software packages to produce the designs
• Use of AutoCAD software to prepare engineering drawings and produce vehicle tracking
• Liaise with engineering manager to setup a suite of standard drawing frames and drawing procedures for the company to work with (It is the intention that these could also be used by outside consultants who prepare designs for us if they prove to be successful)
• Production of company standard specifications, drawings and procedures to ensure that the brand standard and customer satisfaction are upheld, ensure that pricing is consistent for all tenders, compliance with NHBC/Building reg. requirements and that we are specifying the correct materials/processes for both value and efficiency.
• Produce company standard details for private works such as driveway construction, soakaways, retaining structures, balancing ponds headwalls etc.
• Produce composite services drawings for a scheme and also proposed ducting layouts
• Design and production of site earthworks drawings and specification to suit evolving company requirements. This includes allowances for build route, material bulking, haulage, compound location and commercial opportunities/implications for other projects.
• Produce plot and boundary setting out plans
This position would suit a degree qualified Civil Engineer currently working for a PLC house builder in a similar hands on design role. Professionals working for Consultancies who specialise in the residential sector will also be considered. It is desired you have experience working on larger residential schemes (over 100 plots).
In return this house builder is offering a competitive salary between £30-40,000 (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
To apply please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all engineering and technical vacancies within house building.
Competitive salary offered plus an excellent package including a company car or car allowance, pension contribution, healthcare, pension contribution, discretionary bonus