Permanent | Birmingham, Birmingham | Negotiable | £25000.00 to £35000.00<
Job Reference: 14157
A successful, high end House Builder is in search of a Civil Engineer to join their existing team located just outside of Birmingham.
As Civil Engineer, you will be responsible for all the design stages of each project. From proposal to completion, you will own the entire scope of work, manage all client relationships including liaising with external agencies and take responsibility for the overall success of multiple projects. This position will report to the Technical Manager.
• Responsible from proposals to completion of all design stages of each project
• Support the Land team in the development of initial design schemes for future projects
• Effectively communicating technical advice to assist where required throughout the development process
• Management of external consultants
• Attending and leading client meetings and information sessions as well as attending Site meetings
• Offering innovative solutions to problems as they arise
• Meeting regularly with in house construction team to create and review drawings
• Support the Development team with service information, proposals, street lighting and postal address arrangements
• Service co-ordination and support to other departments within the business
• Civils design and reviewing consultants designs for correct and cost effective designs
• Using AUTOCAD, PDS, AutoTRACK and Microsoft Office for checking drawings when required
• Securing S38/104/278 technical approvals in line with the business units key programme dates
• Manage the completion of s38/278/104 agreements and reducing bond requirements to the business
This position would suit a degree qualified Engineer or equivalent qualification. Professionals who are HNC qualified will also be considered. It is required you have the ability to work towards strict deadlines and communicate technical information.
To be considered for this position, you must have at least 3 years’ experience working within the residential sector. Previous experience working for a house builder or Residential developer would be advantageous but not essential. It is desired you have existing relationships with local engineers in the highways departments and drainage authorities. Excellent communication skills both written and verbal is essential along with good attention to detail.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience) along with the opportunity to further develop and progress within your career.
To apply please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website http://www.threcruit.co.uk/ to view all engineering and technical vacancies within house building and Consultancy.
Follow our Linked In company page https://www.linkedin.com/company/596773/ to be kept up to date with new opportunities and events within the Built Environment.
Company car or allowance, pension contribution, healthcare, discretionary bonus