Senior Urban Designer
Permanent | East Midlands, East Midlands | | £50000.00 to £60000.00<
Job Reference: 14022
A successful and well known House Builder is in search of a Senior Urban Designer to join their Group Urban Design Department located in Leicestershire. The person they appoint will join a team that carries out project work across the country. As well as project work, there will be the opportunity to assist in promoting Placemaking through their design initiative Great Places.
Extensive experience in the Residential sector is required.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Conducting site, context and character appraisals to inform the design for new developments
• Working up masterplan drawings, design strategies and detailed illustrations to support design principles
• Producing indicative layouts for either parts of or whole developments
• Production and testing of concepts for the arrangement of land uses on site
• Production of comprehensive design and access statements comprising written and graphic outputs
• Design Codes
• Working alongside local communities and other stakeholders through collaborative design workshops and public exhibitions
• Liaising with other professionals to ensure technical deliverability of projects
Personal Characteristics / Qualifications and skills:
• Qualifications in Urban Design / Architecture
• Be fluent in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, Sketchup, Illustrator and Microsoft Packages
• Be able to produce detailed work to a specific brief within tight deadlines
• Have strong presentation skills
• Have excellent team working skills
• Be a good communicator
• Be willing to learn new skills and techniques
• Knowledge of Building for Life
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
To apply please send your updated CV and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all design and architectural vacancies within house building.
Company car or allowance, pension contribution, healthcare, discretionary bonus