Permanent | West Midlands, West Midlands | | £40000.00 to £50000.00<
Job Reference: 14010
We are working on a new Estimator opportunity located in the West Midlands with a reputable, top 20 residential developer.
Primary Job Purpose
• To produce accurate construction budgets and Lego estimates for the Land Acquisition stage and the Planning stage.
• To be responsible for preparing Lego estimates and abnormal costs from the minimum of information for sites which are under consideration for purchase.
• To prepare Construction Budget for a project by taking-off quantities from Architects and Engineers drawings and completing standard input sheets, entering completed information onto the computer to produce a complete estimate for a project, checking and amending as required and printing and issuing the budget estimate to the relevant parties.
• To supervise and keep up to date with the latest changes to the standard specification and standard flat types and make any necessary changes to the standard libraries on the computer. Also must be aware of changes in rates of work carried out by various trades for materials supplied and plant and preliminary items and keep the standard library up to date.
• To follow company policy and provide all information for inclusion in the construction budget package which is presented to the main board for approval before a project can commence. Must become familiar with standard company forms and documentation.
• To have basic knowledge of taking-off quantities from drawings and preparing bills of quantities using standard quantity surveying techniques and terminology broadly following the rules of the standard method of measurement current at the time.
• To have basic knowledge of computers and keyboard skills to enable an estimate to be entered onto a computer and standard library rates and descriptions to be updated. An intimate knowledge of the company estimator or ICS system will be required to train others on how to use the system or solve problems which may occur.
• To keep up to date with the latest company policy regarding computer software with regards to Construction Budget preparation and liaise with the Information Technology Department on updating information and solving problems which may occur from time to time.
• Flexibility is required in being able to assist buyers and surveyors in sending out enquiries to suppliers and subcontractors during busy periods.
• May be required to assist in preparing valuations, cost reports or final accounts from time to time, therefore, a knowledge of post contract quantity surveying duties would be an advantage.
• Will be required to advise other departments on the cost of alternative design choices.
• To advise other departments on the cost of alternative design choices.
• The post holder has internal relationships with: Commercial Department, Land Department.
Regular deadlines have to be met. Incumbent must be computer literate.
• The work requires concentration, precision and accuracy.
• The post requires travelling within the region of up to or in excess of 5,000 miles per annum.
In return for your hard work and loyalty, this company is offering a competitive salary (£40,000-£50,000) plus package with scope for career. Please send your CV to daniel@THrecruit.co.uk to be considered for this Estimator opportunity or call 07795547888. To view our other Estimator jobs or opportunities with house builders in their Commercial teams, please visit our website www.THrecruit.co.uk.
Company car / allowance, health care, pension, 10% bonus