Senior Layout Designer
Permanent | Northampton, Northamptonshire | | £40000.00 to £52000.00<
Job Reference: 14004
A reputable, national House builder is looking for a Senior Layout Designer to join their in house design team located in Northamptonshire.
This house builder has offices across the UK and have a distinguished reputation for building high quality, desirable homes ranging from one to five bed houses across the UK.
As Senior Layout Designer, you will be given specific projects to run, either at the Design stage or at Planning Approved Stage.
• Assessment of potential developments, including site visits with the appropriate members of the management team to ensure the product is suitable for the land (or vice versa).
• Produce sketch scheme layouts for Land Appraisals and where appropriate manage preferred consultants for the preparation of sketch schemes.
• Ensure that schemes are designed to the company’s standards to suit building, marketing and economic considerations.
• Ensure schemes are produced within a time limit to suit programme deadlines.
• Responsibility for the production of CAD site layouts within the region, with an emphasis on standardisation of design and presentation style and quality.
• Produce and submit Planning Applications and Planning / Building Regulation Applications and obtain planning permissions and other statutory approvals e.g. S106 Agreements and manage subsequent release of planning conditions/NHBC/Building Regulation conditions and satisfy any imposed conditions.
• Provide support to the Design Manager on key design principles throughout the duration of projects.
• Provide Technical support and information to the Construction, Commercial and Sales Departments and maintain good communication to ensure the required level of service is maintained.
• Assist in fee negotiation and the appointment of consultants.
• Prepare Sales and Legal information, e.g. conveyance plans, sales area layout drawings and M colours.
• Assist in the development of house types and new designs as required.
• Establish good working relationships with Site staff and Department Heads to ensure schemes are progressed / constructed as intended and to encourage feedback for inclusion in future schemes to avoid wastage and improve the product.
• At all times, comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
• Obtain and check information from external architectural consultants and suppliers and manufacturers for supplementing working drawings/as appropriate to supplement the technical team.
• Ensure updated Group drawings are issued in accordance with Department procedures as appropriate.
• Develop good working relationships with Local Authorities and ensure knowledge of the peculiarities of the Local Authorities, and knowledge of the many techniques applicable to the Housing Industry to ensure easy approvals and fast, marketable, economic house building.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary circa £50,000 plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
To apply please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all architectural, design vacancies within house building.
Company car or allowance, pension contribution, healthcare, discretionary bonus