Permanent | West Midlands, West Midlands | | £35000.00 to £38000.00<
Job Reference: 13978
We are working on a new Buyer opportunity located in the West Midlands with a well-known house builder.
In this Buyer role, you will ensure the efficient running of the materials and sub-contract purchasing function and co-ordinate with other departments to ensure financial control of all materials and sub-contracts purchased for building operations. You will be working with a number of departments including Commercial, Technical, Sales, Build and external companies so excellent communication skills are a requirement.
• Ensure all materials are delivered to sites in line with current build programmes, specification and are purchased at competitive prices.
• Ensure the procurement of all sites/buying phases are continually monitored against budget.
• Maintain an up to date library of standard house type material schedules.
• Produce accurate site specific material schedules and process material orders.
• Liaise with other regional buyers to negotiate national bulk price agreements group deals.
• Negotiate regional bulk price agreements and ensure competitive quotations are obtained for materials not covered by bulk agreements.
• Continually monitor price agreements to ensure they always remain competitive.
• Continually monitor supplier performance and hold regular meetings with main suppliers.
• Place orders for key showhome materials before pre-start meetings if required to meet showhouse programme dates.
• Process site purchase orders for replacement materials and produce monthly reports detailing expenditure.
• Continually research new products.
• Ensure labour and material sub-contractors are procured within the agreed programme and to within budgetary levels.
• Ensure the efficient running of the computerised sub-contract purchasing system.
• Maintain a library of standard house type sub-contract schedules.
• Produce site specific sub-contract schedules.
• Ensure the sub-contractor database is kept up to date.
• Produce reports comparing tender prices obtained, and an analysis of how they compare to the viability.
• Ensure all sub-contract orders are processed correctly and efficiently.
• Ensure copies of approved sub-contract tenders lists, authorised tender enquiry summaries and cost valuation reports are kept on record.
• Continually monitor sub-contractor performance by liaising with build and surveying personnel.
The successful candidate will be qualified at HNC level at a minimum with at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role with a house builder / residential developer. Offering a competitive salary up to £38,000 plus package.
To apply for this Buyer job, please send your CV to daniel@THrecruit.co.uk or call 0775547888. To view our other Buyer / Procurement jobs, please visit our website www.THrecruit.co.uk
Company car / allowance, health care, pension, bonus