Associate Urban Designer
Permanent | East Midlands, East Midlands | May | £45000.00 to £50000.00<
Job Reference: 13967
As this reputable Design and Planning Practice expand their team in the East Midlands, this practice is looking to appoint an Associate Urban Designer who will play a big part in the future of this division.
This practice predominantly work within the residential sector, having a range of clients nationally. They work on a vast array of sites from small bespoke builds through to large-scale challenging projects and deliver architectural and urban design solutions to an extremely high standard. Once appointed the ideal candidate will be heavily involved in the design and planning of these projects. A large part of the role will entail master planning and urban design.
Duties and Responsibilities;
• To lead the urban design / masterplan project and research into relevant technical urban design and planning issues
• To instruct and be responsible for the preparation of plans and drawings together with development briefs, design statements, design codes and other documents as required under the direction of the project Associate or Director
• To lead project teams throughout the design process from brief development to site analysis, design development and the preparation of planning applications
• To competently manage all aspects of the project including the project finances
• To assist with management tasks, marketing or Group presentations or as otherwise instructed by the Director
• Demonstrate effective communication, leading meetings, consultation events, design reviews and other events
• Have a thorough knowledge of and compliance with the companies procedures and standards including compliance with Quality Management System and Health and Safety requirements, and be able to instruct others
• To provide a mentoring role where appropriate and help to develop the best talent
• Developing client relationships and generating new work and new clients for the Group
Skills and Qualities
• Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
• Excellent design skills with an ability to resolve the diverse technical requirements of the project with the aspirations of place making
• Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well either individually or lead a team
• Excellent reporting and presentation skills with an ability to undertake presentations to a range of audiences
• Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
• Able to use a variety of media in the design development and documentation of a design project
• Resilience to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
• Flexible attitude
• Ability to use some of the following: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Vectorworks, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
This exciting opportunity offers excellent scope for progression within a reputable practice. This position will suit someone who has a strong background in housing and urban design.
Design flair and a passion for the work that you do are essential attributes for this role. To be considered, you must be qualified to degree level or equivalent, a postgraduate qualification in Urban Design is preferred. Significant experience of leading project teams on urban design projects is desired along with experience working within a team and with other consultants and disciplines. Previous experience of producing high quality work within tight timescales and budgets is imperative.
In return, this design and planning practice is offering a competitive salary plus car allowance and benefits, competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all architectural design vacancies within the East and West Midlands.
Car allowance, Pension contribution, Healthcare, Death in Service, Discretionary Bonus