Senior Civil Engineer
Permanent | East Midlands, East Midlands | One month | £35000.00 to £45000.00<
Job Reference: 13947
A successful, national house builder is growing and as a result, they are in search of an experienced Civil Engineer to join their new East Midlands region as Senior Civil Engineer.
This new region will be targeted to build circa 400 units in the first year, this number is likely to increase as the region grows from strength to strength. The person they appoint will have the opportunity to work on new build developments across the Midlands ranging in size, value and complexity.
The person they appoint will be responsible for the management and coordination of all technical information between external consultants and internal departments. This person will report to the Engineering Manager.
• To work with the Land Department to ensure smooth transition of information
• Check all drawings and details for accuracy, correctness and commercial suitability
• Liaise with external consultants to ensure deadlines are met
• Apply for and secure statutory body approval of Engineering Design and Ground Investigation
• Attend site visits and meetings in order to solve issues that arise during the construction process
• Attend design meetings with the highways and planners to ascertain requirements from a council perspective for new developments
• Ensure that new regulation requirements are anticipated and incorporated as required
• Procure site investigation information
• Provide provisional assessment of abnormal design requirements
• Monitor progress of the adoption of roads, sewers and public open space areas
• Pursue the reduction and release of outstanding Bonds at the earliest opportunity
• Assist the Engineering Manager to obtain fee quotations from specialist consultants for all engineering design and technical report requirements
• Provide technical and administrative support to the site teams
• Obtain all required technical approvals in line with programmed site start dates
• Work with the Central Design Team to develop products and research build systems to ensure they are ready for legislation and market change
• Be aware of the need for innovation in all aspects of our business
• Expect and encourage continued change and improvement within the Company
To be considered for this position you must have at least 5 years’ experience working for either a Residential Developer or house builder or Engineering Consultancy that predominantly work within the residential sector. Excellent verbal and written communication skills is essential, previous experience of managing individuals is preferable.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
If you are looking for a new opportunity that offers more responsibility and career progression, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all engineering and technical vacancies within house building.
Company car or allowance, pension contribution, healthcare, discretionary bonus