Permanent | Northampton, Northamptonshire | One month | £35000.00 to £50000.00<
Job Reference: 13904
A successful, national house builder is in search of a Development Engineer for their technical team based in Northamptonshire.
The person they appoint will have the opportunity to work on a variety of schemes ranging in size and complexity. As Development Engineer, you will be responsible for the management of external consultants, attending site meetings, regular liaison with Site Managers and other internal departments. This position will report to the Engineering Manager.
- Provide a practical and cost effective technical service to the division
- Procure site investigations, surveys, services information etc. to assist the design process
- Management of the technical process ensuring that best practice is followed and that all costs are controlled
- Ensure best value is observed in procuring site service contracts
- Oversee the design and detailing carried out by external consultants who are responsible for providing designs for new estate roads and sewers including Section 38, 104 and S278 agreements
- Secure adoption agreements; S38, S104 and S278 to suit the development programme
- Deliver a clear and concise technical briefing to all the related departments at the pre-start stage
- Support other internal departments with any issues that may arise
- Assist solicitors in the processing of purchaser queries
- Ensure that the site adoptions process is followed and that the associated agreements are in place and that the bond value is kept to a minimum
- Liaise with Building Control Bodies to clear engineering related conditions
To be considered for this position you must be an excellent communicator both verbal and written, have proven experience of working within established development methodologies and the ability to prioritise tasks to meet the business’ needs. A good knowledge and understanding of the major functions within the remit of Technical services is essential and how they affect site acquisition and development. The person they appoint will ideally be degree qualified or hold a HND / HND in a related subject with relevant experience to the above.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary up to £50,000 plus package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
To apply, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all engineering and house building opportunities within the Midlands.
Company car / allowance, pension contribution, healthcare, discretionary bonus