Permanent | Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire | One month | £30000.00 to £40000.00<
Job Reference: 13835
A successful, well known House Builder is in search for an Architectural Technologist to join their new region located in Milton Keynes.
The person they appoint will produce concise, accurate and detailed AutoCAD working drawings and co-ordinate ancillary drawings and schedules to programmes that meet the Company’s requirements. Submit and gain approval for building regulations. In addition, compliance with HQIs, Lifetime Homes and Code for Sustainable Homes is essential. Assist in the design of new buildings incorporating modern methods of construction and low carbon technology.
• Negotiate effectively with a wide range of organisations, statutory bodies and interest groups to achieve the desired design outcomes.
• Communicate effectively with all relevant departments in writing, verbally and in presentation format.
• Design innovative solutions to counter unique land conditions.
• Establish and maintain strong and respected working relationships with internal departments, local authorities and companies throughout the region.
• Produce accurate planning and technical information as required and within agreed timescales.
• Be conversant with all current building regulations, procedures, construction methods, materials costs and general market conditions in relation to Company products.
• Production of SAP assessments and EPC certificates as required to meet the needs of the region is essential.
• Attend regional sites to resolve technical and construction related problems. Detail and monitor acceptable solutions to resolve.
• Co-ordinate and liaise with internal departments and provide accurate and timely information.
• Analyse project audits on site build and sales feedback and identify and resolve any issues in a timely manner.
• Design and adapt house types, apartments, site layouts and detail drawings for both residential and social housing schemes.
• Prepare working drawings for house types and special projects.
• Prepare and obtain relevant approvals for ancillary and associated drawings.
• Manipulate house type plans and site layouts to produce drawings for sales brochure presentation.
• Utilise the broader advantage of CAD systems to improve levels of presentation.
• Coach and support team members as required.
Health and Safety
• Ensure that you have read and understood the Company’s health, safety and environmental policies and procedures and observe them at all times.
• Report any accidents or near misses immediately to your manager and record them in the accident book.
• Keep your workplace tidy and eliminate any hazards and report to your line manager if required.
• Wear appropriate protective clothing on site at all times.
• Attend all health and safety training as required by the Company.
To be considered for this position you must have between 5-10 years’ experience, preferably working with a house builder. You must be HNC or HND qualified in Construction or Building Studies and be fully conversant with building regulations.
Offering a competitive salary plus benefits package (negotiable dependent on experience).
To apply please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Company car or allowance, pension contribution, healthcare, discretionary bonus