Permanent | Birmingham, Birmingham | One month | £40000.00 to £55000.00<
Job Reference: 13805
A successful high end House Builder is in search for a Senior Civil Engineer to join their West Midlands region as Engineering Manager.
As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for all the design stages of each project. From proposal to completion, you will own the entire scope of work, manage all client relationships including liaising with external consultants and take responsibility for the overall success of multiple projects. Reporting directly to the Technical Director.
The person they appoint will have the opportunity to work on a diverse mix of projects from bespoke dwellings to high end residential developments ranging from 10-50 units. All developments are situated in affluent areas.
• Responsible from proposals to completion of all design stages of each project
• Support the Land team in the development of initial design schemes for future projects
• Effectively communicating technical advice to assist where required throughout the development process
• Management of external consultants
• Attending and leading client meetings and information sessions as well as attending Site meetings
• Offering innovative solutions to problems as they arise
• Meeting regularly with in house construction team to create and review drawings
• Support the Development team with service information, proposals, street lighting and postal address arrangements
• Service co-ordination and support to other departments within the business
• Civils design
• Using AutoCAD, PDS and Microsoft Office for checking drawings when required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• BSc Engineering or equivalent qualification
• Keen interest and knowledge of industry innovations and engineering solutions
• A good understanding of the requirements of the Local Authority
• Preferably having an existing relationship with local engineers in the highways departments and drainage authorities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Creative flair and innovative approach to problem solving
• Competent user of Microsoft office packages
• Effective prioritisation and organisational skills
• Self-motivated and pro-active
• Ability to communicate technical information
• Attention to detail
• Proven ability to meet strict deadlines
• Previous experience working with a House Builder in a similar role is advantageous
Offering a competitive salary plus package (negotiable dependent on experience).
If you are looking for a new challenge and opportunity please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all technical and house building vacancies.
Company car / allowance, pension contribution, healthcare, excellent bonus