Permanent | Black Country, West Midlands | One month | £25000.00 to £35000.00<
Job Reference: 13724
A successful quality House Builder is in search for a Layout Designer to join their new region located in the West Midlands.
The person they appoint will report directly to the Design Director, it is essential you have experience producing hand drawn sketch feasibility layouts for residential / housing developments.
1. Produce Feasibility Schemes in line with Company philosophy and Design Brief liaising where necessary with the Land and Development Departments.
2. Maximise land values through good and innovative design.
3. Ensure design concepts can be translated into workable development solutions.
4. Interact with and monitor the technical development of Schemes ensuring that the original concept is not diluted.
5. Prepare and submit Planning Applications, negotiating with Local Planning Authorities to ensure, where possible, an approval is obtained.
6. Monitor the progress of planning applications and subsequent release of planning conditions.
7. Interact with external consultants.
Knowledge and Skills
• Sound experience of Private Housebuilding Sector in relation to feasibility design.
• The ability to produce quick and efficient hand drawn sketch feasibility layouts is essential.
• The ability to transfer sketch layout to full CAD planning layouts.
• Able to communicate ideas effectively.
• Proven experience of Local Authority and Highways requirements and capable of interpreting these into innovative design concepts.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Use of Adobe Photoshop and SketchUp to produce presentation material.
Offering a competitive salary and package (negotiable dependent on experience).
To apply please send your updated CV and work samples to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all design, planning and architectural vacancies within house building and private practice.
company car / allowance, pension contribution, healthcare