Permanent | Birmingham, West Midlands | Immediately | £18000.00 to £20000.00<
Job Reference: 13637
To manage and maintain a system that allows the business to undertake regular land studies across a number of targeted Local Authorities. The key output is the generation of an agreed number of landowner appointments for Regional Managers. The Graduate Planner is expected to lead an agreed number of appointments and negotiate terms.
Essential Job Functions
• Monitor Local Authorities to identify which do not have an adopted Local Plan and/or a 5 year supply of housing land and ensure the data is up-to-date, relevant and easily retrievable.
• Proactively make recommendations to Regional Directors in terms of which Local Authorities should be targeted along with suitable supporting evidence.
• Create a business administrative system which allows the researcher to conduct land studies in a consistent and logical manner.
• Apply the most suitable methods for identifying positive attributes of land on the edge of sustainable settlements.
• Apply the most suitable methods for identifying potential constraints that need to be appraised as part of a ‘sequential testing’ process.
• Identify and appraise competing sites associated with suitable targets.
• Conduct site visits and appraisals in advance of appointments.
• Following a confirmed appointment, distribute a Site Appraisal Form to Regional Managers.
• Attend appointments with landowners as appropriate.
• The Graduate Planner will be expected to lead an agreed number of appointments per annum and negotiate terms with the landowner.
Guidelines for Self-attended appointments
• When a settlement is not covered by a Regional Manager
• When a Regional Manager is absent due to illness or holiday leave but always in consultation with the Regional Manager
• With the prior approval and support of a Regional Manager
• Full driving licence preferred but not essential
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• An ability to proof reading written communication
• To be self-motivated & self-disciplined
• To have a good aptitude for contract negotiation
• A genuine interest in the property and land promotion industries
• A desire to invest time in personal development and training in order to transform the position into a client facing role at the appropriate time and according to a formal development plan
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Planning Graduate who is seeking a position that will over stability, development and progression. To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV to daniel@THrecruit.co.uk or for more details call 07795547888. To view our other Planning jobs, please visit our website www.THrecruit.co.uk