Permanent | Birmingham, West Midlands | One month | £0.00 to £0.00<
Job Reference: 13563
An extremely successful house builder of high quality homes seeks a Technical Manager to join their West Midlands region as they go from strength to strength.
They are looking to appoint a house building professional to manage the Technical function and report on all technical, engineering and architectural aspects of the business. These range from land acquisition through to site completions and final adoptions.
Key responsibilities include:
• Provide a practical and cost effective technical service to the company.
• Management of the department to ensure that best practice is followed, costs are controlled, the department maximises revenue generation and contribution to the company’s operating profit.
• Directly responsible for managing the fees and budget for each development.
• Jointly responsible for producing technical design solutions within cost plan or approved appraisal budget.
• Take responsibility for site evaluation, architectural and engineering design, the investigation of technical problems encountered and provision of economically viable solutions.
• Ensure that Technical Department procedures are adhered to, and layouts, technical reports for land appraisal and required working drawings are provided within the agreed date schedule.
• Liaise with Land / Development / Estimating / Construction / Sales Departments throughout the development process, provide technically correct information as required.
• Support the Technical Director in ensuring that the Technical team are fully resourced and well-directed, with clear guidelines to their own job responsibilities, and are provided with full support in achieving these, in terms of communication, training and development, and the organisation of the department’s workload.
In order to make a success of this role, you must be:
• A strong team motivator with the drive and tenacity to achieve the goals of the business.
• Excellent communicator, with high detail orientation.
• Extensive experience of working within established development methodologies.
• Ability to prioritise tasks to meet changing business needs.
• Demonstrable effective experience of working for a major company in a similar role or at the level of either Managing Quantity Surveyor or Design/Technical/Commercial Manager.
• Knowledge and understanding of the major functions within the remit of Technical services and how they impact on site acquisition and development.
• Qualified as an Engineer or a Quantity Surveyor - HNC in Engineering, RICS or RIBA qualified or NVQ Level 5 in a relevant subject.
• Knowledge and aptitude to identify those issues which impact on land value or development costs and to make the correct ‘allowances’.
Offering a competitive salary plus excellent package (negotiable dependent on experience).
To apply please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all technical and house building roles.
Competitive salary (negotiable dependent on experience) plus company car / allowance, pension contribution, healthcare, bonus etc