Design & Technical Manager
Permanent | Northampton, Northamptonshire | asap | £50000.00 to £65000.00<
Job Reference: 13531
A national house builder is in search for a Design & Technical Manager to join their growing Northamptonshire region.
The Design & Technical teams are involved in all aspects of housing design and innovation. Their team is also responsible for researching the best materials, at the best cost.
In terms of their design, there is a sheer variety of their sites, many of them brownfield and all of them with unique problems to solve. They drive for sustainability, value and ever changing building and environmental legislation means that innovative and unique solutions are required.
Most of the people in their existing team have an architectural or engineering background, and for all, they offer the opportunity to gain expertise in design and project management in a challenging thought-provoking setting.
- To assist in the supervision of Structural & Civil Engineers, M&E Engineers & Architects, and to ensure all relevant information is provided at various stages in the development.
- Monitor the progress of Planning Application / Approvals and Building Warrant Applications / Approvals and "chase along", via the Architects.
- Monitor the progress of Road and Sewer Applications / Approvals, via the Structural & Civil Engineers, and apply for road bonds.
- Supply all service providers with appropriate information to allow them to produce quotations and proposed layouts.
- Assist in the preparation of plans, and issue to solicitors and all other relevant parties.
- Ensure receipt of all drawing information, "book into" their internal system and issue to all relevant parties. Update as necessary and keep up to date Registers to reflect current revisions.
- Attend Pre-Start meetings, and ensure handover of all information to Construction for Site Start.
- Attend Site Meetings regularly with Engineers, Architects and Site Staff to review design aspects of the development.
- Follow through various Adoption processes with regards to Roads and Sewers, etc., in conjunction with the Construction Department.
- General office administration and liaison with other Divisional Departments as required.
In return, they are offering a competitive salary circa £60-65,000 plus package (negotiable dependent on experience).
To be considered for this position please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Company car / allowance, pension contribuation, healthcare, bonus