Permanent | Birmingham, West Midlands | One month | £30000.00 to £40000.00<
Job Reference: 12058
One of the UK’s top ten house builders is recruiting for a Civil Engineer for their West Midlands region located just outside of Birmingham.
As Civil Engineer, you will control and coordinate all technical information between external consultants and internal departments. You will ensure all approvals are obtained and information received is issued to allow for a programmed start on site. You will be expected to understand, implement and adhere to SHEQ policy and strategy.
• Work with the Land department to ensure smooth transition of information
• Check all drawings and details for accuracy, correctness and commercial suitability
• Liaise with external consultants to ensure deadlines are met
• Apply for and secure statutory body approval of Engineering Design and Ground Investigation
• Attend site visits and meetings in order to solve issues that arise during the construction process
• Attend design meetings with the highways and planners to ascertain requirements from a council perspective for new developments
• Ensure that new regulation requirements are anticipated and incorporated as required.
• Procure Site Investigation Information
• Provide provisional assessment of abnormal design requirements
• Monitor progress of the adoption of roads, sewers and public open space areas
• Pursue the reduction and release of outstanding Bonds at the earliest opportunity
• Assist the Engineering Manager to obtain fee quotations from specialist consultants for all engineering design and technical report requirements
• Provide technical and administrative support to the site teams
• Obtain all required technical approvals in line with programmed site start dates
• Work with the Central Design Team to develop products and research build systems to ensure we are ready for legislation and market change
• Be aware of the need for innovation in all aspects of their business
• Expect and encourage continued change and improvement within the Company
To be considered for this position, you must have previous experience in a similar role managing external consultants, developing relationships both internal and external and excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Computer literate in Microsoft packages.
In return, this house builder is offering a competitive salary and package (negotiable dependent on individual experience).
To apply please send your updated CV to email@example.com or call 07881 099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all technical and engineering vacancies in the West and East Midlands.
Company car or car allowance, pension, healthcare