Civil Design Engineer
Permanent | Birmingham, West Midlands | One month | £35000.00 to £40000.00<
Job Reference: 11905
A successful House Builder is recruiting for a Civil Design Engineer to join their growing team based in Birmingham. Reporting to the Engineering manager and Head of Technical.
This role will involve undertaking the day to day design of civil engineering projects according to the guidelines set-out in order to provide a quality and cost effective service.
• To undertake the design and supervision of projects from initial briefing through to adoption within the specified timescales.
• To carry out all necessary functions to assist the smooth running of the area team.
• To undertake designs achieving practical, economic and saleable solutions working either as part of a team or independently
• To provide technical advice within the Department for planning applications, etc.
• Utilisation of computer-aided design software, drainage design software and PDS modelling.
• Liaison with Service Authorities and production of combined services drawings.
• Checking all design work to ensure it is economic and in line with acquisition budget.
Health and Safety:
• Be proactive in promoting a positive attitude to health, safety and the environment.
• Ensure you have read the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures and observe them at all times.
• Reporting any accidents or near misses immediately to your Manager and record them in the accident book.
• Ensure your workplace is kept tidy and any hazards are eliminated or reported to your line manager.
• Wear appropriate protective clothing on site at all times in accordance with company policy.
• Attend all health and safety training as required by the Company.
Ideally they are looking for someone with several years’ experience working for a residential house builder or an engineering consultancy working on residential developments. Have an in-depth knowledge of CAD and of other engineering packages (Autotrack, Microdrainge and PDS). The successful candidate should be qualified at HNC / HND or preferably a degree in civil engineering.
Offering a competitive salary up to £40,000 plus package and benefits (negotiable dependent on experience)
To apply for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07881099368 for more information.
Please visit our website www.threcruit.co.uk to view all engineering and house building opportunities.
Company car/allowance plus benefits inc private healthcare, pension contribution, company sharesave scheme