Work Skills Tutor (Retail or Customer Service) sought for vacancy in Lambeth, London.
The opportunity is with one of the UK’s leading youth and adult learning organisations, as well as a growing provider of services in the Welfare to Work Sector.
· To deliver vocational qualifications from entry 1 to level 1/2.
· Assess the needs of learners and use detailed knowledge and specialist skills to promote and support learners’ learning.
· Establish productive working relationships with learners, acting as a role model and setting high expectations that support the achievement of potential.
· Encourage learners to interact and work cooperatively with others and engage all learners in activities.
· Prepare resources, session plans and schemes of work.
· Keep accurate records including lesson plans, schemes of work, registers learner attendance, records of work, learners’ reviews, learner assessment outcomes and Records of Achievement.
· Prepare and teach lessons that are challenging, engaging and enjoyable in order to ensure maximum progress and learning for all.
· Plan, review and deliver practical sessions giving comprehensible instructions to learners.
· Complete lesson evaluations and set subsequent actions to improve lessons for future delivery.
· Ensure all qualification criteria are covered in the lessons and continual informal assessment for and of learning takes place.
· Manage assessments for each individual qualification.
· To assess learners’ work and cross reference the standards through qualification criteria.
· Assess and monitor learner’s progress on a regular basis and within established deadlines.
· Keep an updated tracker of individual learner assessment progress.
· To achieve monthly targeted outcomes of minimum 90\%.retention and achievement rate
· To accurately complete all relevant paperwork in line with procedures and awarding bodies.
· Ensure that all requests for internal verification activity are met promptly.
· Implement any improvements identified as a result of performance review/ teaching and learning reviews and IV process.
· Monitor attendance, punctuality and progress of learners
· Apply appropriate strategies to ensure attendance and punctuality.
· Continually improve the learner’s experience which is determined from learner feedback.
· Give advice, information and guidance to learners on the best progression routes.
· Support colleagues and provide cover in the event of staff absence.
· To liaise with relevant staff to ensure continuity of information in individual student progress
· To participate in programme development to ensure a pro active teaching and learning service to all learners.
· To undertake necessary in-house training and any training needs identified in appraisal.
· Attend and participate in verification and standardisation meetings
· To achieve minimum grade 2 in all internal and external inspections, monitoring visits and observations.
· To undertake any other routine task, as required by senior staff.
· Participate in any staff review/performance management processes involving the identifying
and meeting of training needs for self and others.
· Evidence own progress and achievement using CPD
· Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others
· Advance and integrate equality and diversity throughout all activities.
· Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
· Comply with company policies and procedures at all times.
· The company is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and promote this commitment.
What you’ll need to have:
· Teaching qualification (PTTLS). Working towards full QTLS.
· Be able to produce schemes of work and session plans.
· Have experience of dealing with Awarding Bodies and assessment procedures.
· Experience in Relevant vocational area.
· The ability to collate and record accurate and relevant information.
· Good organisational and administrative skills.
· Effective communication skills, oral and written.
· Excellent knowledge of relevant vocational criteria and ability to apply these in teaching practice.
· Have a good understanding of the Common Inspection Framework standards.
· Ability to motivate and engage learners at different levels using a variety of materials.
· Ability to communicate at all levels and use own initiative.
· Ability to track learner progress and relevant experience working with young people.
· Excellent organisational, time management skills and IT skills.
· Ability to empathise with young adults and conduct one’s self as a positive role model.
· Creative with a pro active approach to learning.
· Must be able to work competently with the minimum of supervision.
· Able to demonstrate an understanding of different learning styles and how to differentiate through various teaching methods. Experience of dealing with challenging clients with a wide variety of barriers from diverse backgrounds.
· Direct teaching experience and classroom management.
· Good time management skills with the ability to work towards and meet deadlines.
· Ability motivate self and others in challenging surroundings.
· High standard of customer care
· Commitment to professional development.
· Where you are required to work across centres you will need to hold a current full driving licence, have access to your own vehicle and have Business Insurance. Alternatively you will need to be able to access reliable public transport.
· Completed teaching qualification (DTTLS).
· Assessor qualification A1 or equivalent
· Level 2 / 2 Maths and English
· Experience of implementing and delivering various qualifications with numerous awarding bodies
As this position may involve handling sensitive data relating to, or working with children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure check through the confidential process administered by the Criminal Records Bureau. You will be expected to take responsibility for your own professional development and participate in relevant internal and external training/activities.
Please apply by sending your CV to Natalie@threcruit.co.uk. Salary £18,000 - £20,000 pro rata.